Motoring Discussion > Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 15

Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - VxFan
Well over 140 mph. Let me show you.

That's great. By the way, I'm reporting you when you drop me off at the station - ha ha.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-25877943

Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - PR
This was on our local news, and when asked by the reporter what would happen to him if he drove at 140mph the chief conts said at no time was it being driven dangerously...

140mph, even with a trained officer?!
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Avant
Sure, an error of judgement by the policeman, but let's hope the (choose your word) who goaded him into speeding, then reported him, is banged up in prison for a good long time.

I wonder why he wasn't being transported in the usual plain van.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Armel Coussine
>> let's hope the (choose your word) who goaded him into speeding, then reported him, is banged up in prison for a good long time.

Yes, an unkind way of repaying a favour I thought... but then a) the guy had just been arrested for we know not what and may have felt justified in being resentful and b) the copper should perhaps have realised that, or thought in any case better safe than sorry...

I doubt if the copper will come to any real harm. I bet his mates are jeering at him though.

>> 140mph, even with a trained officer?!

Well, what about it? It doesn't sound intrinsically risky even with a 'trained officer', let alone a proper driver who knows the road.

Naturally I stand to be bawled at by safety wonks. A pox on them.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - No FM2R
Quite clearly the primary offence for which the officer should be disciplined is that of being a total plank.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Zero
>> Quite clearly the primary offence for which the officer should be disciplined is that of
>> being a total plank.

Isn't that the truth. I wouldn't trust an eejit like that with a noddy bike, let along a fast pursuit car.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Fenlander
Enjoyed a similar demo from a copper in a Consul 3000GT back in the 70s. We needed a lift from a breakdown to the Coventry police station and he was similarly keen to impress. I guess only 110mph or so but still seemed quick.

I have the speed warning alarm set on the Alfa to avoid such excess.
>> I have the speed warning alarm set on the Alfa

Tsk.

Shame on you Fenlander.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Fenlander
>>>Shame on you Fenlander

Ahh but I didn't say at what speed! The Alfa has a user set speed alarm with a sharp "klaxon" and message on the head up display which say something like "Warning overspeed".
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Fullchat
My ethos was never trust anyone who I had enforced the law on, no matter how nice they may seem. Most always have some sort of axe to grind. Loyalty of cats.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - PR
My point was more on the hypocrisy rather than the 140...
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Old Navy
The fastest I have travelled on the road is in a traffic Ford Granada, (a few years ago). We were at a remote location and returning to base very near the end of a 12 hour shift. No problems from me, we were on the same shift, although I was not a plod.
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - swiss tony
> >> 140mph, even with a trained officer?!
>>
>> Well, what about it? It doesn't sound intrinsically risky even with a 'trained officer', let
>> alone a proper driver who knows the road.
>>
>> Naturally I stand to be bawled at by safety wonks. A pox on them.
>>

I would rather a trained officer kept his skills honed by fast driving (when safe) than have to drive fast under pressure when his skills have got rusty ...

Very stupid doing it with a member of the public on board.... especially a crim!
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - VxFan
Durham Police will not face action from the police watchdog after opting not to prosecute an officer who drove at 140mph while transferring a prisoner.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has assessed the decision to discipline the PC internally, but has decided the force did nothing wrong.

tinyurl.com/ne9enur - www.thenorthernecho.co.uk
 Hey officer, how fast does this car go then? - Pat
Hmm, the plot thickens.

Iffy's patch, Iffy's paper but not reported by him.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts