Motoring Discussion > A gentle drive through some Russian town Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Enoughalready Replies: 18

A gentle drive through some Russian town - Enoughalready
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDQw1UxzP8E

I'm trying to figure out who's to blame in most circumstances. Obviously the driver is an a hole but everyone does appear to come out at all angles.
One thing though, I'm sure nearly half of those near confrontations had they been in the UK would have ended up in fistycuffs.
I drive quite a bit in Bosnia and although they show anger with a toot on the horn and perhaps a swear word , I've yet to see any near physical roadrage. They show disapproval and then just move on.
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Zero
Gave up after 3 minutes, That could be footage from just a an average week in London and the Southeast.
London & Southeast is my patch too - it's not that bad out there. It must be me. Or you!
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Mikhail Ribbendik
Автор быдло и редкостный долбоеб! Надеюсь скоро увидим тебя в видео "Ты кому сигналишь дядя 3". И что его баба нашла в этом куске дерьма?
In Bosnia, one of the biggest insults to throw at another driver translates as 'villager'
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - bathtub tom
D'yer think he buys a new car when his horn wears out?
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Armel Coussine
A bit disappointing. Hustling driver in large vehicle making sort of progress through fairly undisciplined traffic, but taking no real risks. Not a getaway driver by any means. As Zero said, nothing there an ordinary London commuter doesn't have to do most days.

In some countries people lean on their horns a lot of the time. If it's expected it's a good idea to do it, so that other vehicles don't try to steal your wind or at least know you're meaning to come through.

I don't understand Russian but it's a pretty language to listen to. When an insult like 'A pox on you, you snivelling illegitimate' sounds so charming perhaps its recipient doesn't really mind so much. Perhaps too Russians aren't as dementedly uptight as British cyclists and car drivers. Perhaps these remarks aren't really insults but mild reproaches... 'I say comrade, you stuck your nose out a bit far that time and I had to drive round you... do be careful or that superbly-maintained Lada might suffer some cosmetic damage...'
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - diddy1234
Too aggressive for my liking.
This bloke will have a heart attack by the time his 50 !
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Westpig
>> Too aggressive for my liking.
>> This bloke will have a heart attack by the time his 50 !
>>

I'd like to be the owner of his car body shop...with all those closing gaps, he must have plenty of scrapes.
I don't see that as remotely aggressive driving. Nor do I think the driver of the large vehicle would have collected many, or any, scrapes. A bit pushy, yes, but essentially careful and cautious.
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - BiggerBadderDave
I've repeated my mathematical equation many times about Poland. 4 wheels = half IQ. But clearly, there's a sliding scale - the more eastern you drive, the more you dribble.

It's like having Shrek behind the wheel. Get some manners you turnip-brained rhesus monkey.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Tue 28 Jan 14 at 20:00
>> Get some manners you turnip-brained rhesus monkey.

See what I mean? Mild reproof, sounding like a caress in lovely Russian. Everyone driving slowly and cautiously, with much hesitation, even the turnip-brained rhesus monkey.

London's about 100 times more dangerous, so there BBD.

A gentle drive through some Russian town - Dulwich Estate
Looks like Croydon on a Sunday afternoon to me.
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Zero
>> Looks like Croydon on a Sunday afternoon to me.

On the way home from Ikea - it look alike the Purley Way to me.
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - helicopter
it look alike the Purley Way to me.

Usually Purley Way is so bunged up with traffic nobody is moving above 5 mph Zeddo ......... .......from the Fiveways junction with Stafford Road along to the Ikea turn off , past Mitcham road and Croydon Crematorium and up to 'Forn Heef 'Pond is a traffic nightmare.....
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Shiny
Giorgi Tevzadze was worse.
Until he met a sticky end.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo
What fun sooty t... the first ten minutes showed some real what I would call getaway driving through suburban and city traffic, didn't look speeded up or doctored to me, but the sort of thing that takes balls and fine judgement and instant decision and, it must be said, some luck to get away with. Oh, and a good dash of mad idiot in the personality.

Chapeau I mean.

As ffor all the rally style carp with far too much oversteer on icy roads, well, no one in their right mind would pick a BMW for that sort of stuff. Tchah! And it got worse with real incompetents.

But the first ten minutes... some real stuff there, crazed and hairy of course but real.
 A gentle drive through some Russian town - Shiny
Yes, here is another all action one, with good outside shots..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EutGUdwHQQ
I'm torn between compromising the conflicts of admiration for the skill and audacity versus resentment of the danger towards others.
I think it's in Tblisi, a miserable soviet looking place, so I suppose it brightens up their colourless lives.
Last edited by: sooty tailpipes on Sat 1 Feb 14 at 10:10
The same mixture st, genuine urban getaway driving shot from inside the car and loads of unnecessary, noisy, wasteful and actually slow oversteer which I suppose is what they mean by 'drifting'.

Drifting in racing and competition cars was a much quicker and more delicate process in my young day. What this stuff resembles is rally drivers going sideways into a bend to scrub off a bit of speed and preserve the brakes...

It's a bit risky, that getaway stuff, but it isn't a million miles from what police pursuit drivers are trained to do.

That BMW engine makes a terrific sound, just terrific. That alone is a reason for buying a BMW.
Latest Forum Posts