Motoring Discussion > Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate Replies: 7

Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - Dulwich Estate
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552943/Gone-sixty-seconds-How-60-000-Audi-abandoned-floods-picked-apart-thieves-leaving-just-shell-waters-subsided.html

I was wondering why Zero's been so quiet on the forum lately. Perhaps he's been busying himself elsewhere - Chertsey ?
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - borasport
That's some serious job they've done there, I guess the insurance co will be looking at the circumstances very carefully - before it was picked bare, i guess it was just an audi with a fubar'ed engine because the owner had driven it into deep water, and they wouldn't necessarily have to pay out for that, would they ?
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - Zero
thats just round the corner from a notorious travellers site..... The same mob smashed up the surrey police helicopter because it had become too successful. That too was based just round the corner.

The police chopper now operates from an armed RAF site.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 7 Feb 14 at 01:08
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - hjd
My dear (in more senses than one) husband managed to drive into the same flood alongside the Audi on the Thursday evening - and killed his car too. Got son to help push out of the deep water, and was recovered the next morning (Fri), declared a write off Monday.
His S-Max was still intact on the Friday morning when recovery truck arrived, can't imagine why.
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - Boxsterboy
If you or I owned (or leased) a £60,000 Audi RS5, surely we would have reported its break-down to whoever provided Audi Assistance/AA/RAC, and the car would have been recovered?

Either the owner is a complete twit (it is an Audi after all), or there is more to this story ...
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 7 Feb 14 at 01:10
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - Old Navy
The local temporary residents had recently acquired it and brought forward their dismantling plans?
Last edited by: Uncle Albert on Thu 6 Feb 14 at 16:26
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - NortonES2
Maybe not owner driven. Parked/abandoned otherwise it would have been recovered?
 Audi A5 and S5 - Audi stripped to bare shell and beyond - BobbyG
Stolen whilst owner is abroad and doesn't know its missing?

Although police say its not reported stolen - have they actually been proactive and contacted the registered keeper??
Latest Forum Posts