Motoring Discussion > More Darwinism Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 14

More Darwinism - Westpig
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-26115070
 More Darwinism - BiggerBadderDave
I find it thoroughly upsetting and distressing seeing images like. Coppers in baseball caps? Tragic.
 More Darwinism - Old Navy
At least they wear them the right way round so we can tell them from the scroats. :-)
 More Darwinism - Haywain
……….. but only useful if he hasn't yet passed on his genes.
 More Darwinism - Armel Coussine
Is toeraggery genetic? I doubt it. Precept and example cause it.

Never mind his genes. Keep an eye on his apprentice.
 More Darwinism - Haywain
"Is toeraggery genetic?"

I trained, and spent my entire career, in biology and I have become more convinced that genetics has a much bigger influence on our lives than is immediately obvious or commonly accepted. The direct effects are clear, but less so are ''susceptibility to ………..' or 'increased tendency to ……………………….'

These characteristics are often difficult or impossible to untangle from social influences. A friend's adopted toerag son shows many of the signs associated with FAS (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome). Sure, his mother drank during her pregnancy and his family background was awful but - I always wonder if there is an underlying genetic basis for his behaviour.

It must be approaching 20 years ago that our village doctor gave a talk to parents about drugs, and this led on to a discussion on drug and alcohol addiction in general. I recall him saying that he firmly believed that there was a genetic predisposition to an addictive personality. It doesn't take much to link a genetically based predisposition to alcohol abuse, to drinking in pregnancy, to FAS, to toeraggery. I give that as a simple possible route to some toeraggery - clearly not all!
 More Darwinism - madf
If it's genetic, surely we should let toerags kill themselves a and/or sterilise them?
 More Darwinism - Haywain
"If it's genetic, surely we should let toerags kill themselves a and/or sterilise them?"

Well, er………...
 More Darwinism - Roger.
Now THIS is Darwinism in action!

tinyurl.com/kp5pywx

More Darwinism - Boxsterboy
Let's just hope his fellow terrorists show similar traits.
 More Darwinism - helicopter
Another Crawley toerag gets his just desserts...

The M23 incident resulted in a couple of friends from Sevenoaks who has been invited over to us for Sunday Lunch for around 12 :30 eventually rolling up around two hours late....... both having forgotten to bring mobiles and very apologetic .... luckily I had checked on the traffic reports and realised what had happened ......lunch was put on hold until they turned up .....

A bottle of 2002 Medoc ...and roast Southdown lamb with all the trimmings slightly later than planned went down very well....
 More Darwinism - PhilW
"rolling up around two hours late
A bottle of 2002 Medoc slightly later than planned went down very well...."

I'm afraid that at 2 hours late to this house, they wouldn't have got to taste the Medoc!!!
 More Darwinism - Armel Coussine
>> 2 hours late to this house, they wouldn't have got to taste the Medoc!!!

But there would surely have been another bottle? You're joking of course.
 More Darwinism - helicopter
But there would surely have been another bottle..... there was indeed....

...in fact there are at the moment somewhere around 100 bottles of wine stashed in helicopter towers .....actually the stock is getting low ...... it is time for another trip to France to stock up methinks...
Last edited by: helicopter on Thu 13 Feb 14 at 09:54
 More Darwinism - henry k
The road is closed geddit!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-26237756
Latest Forum Posts