Motoring Discussion > Someting for Pat. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Someting for Pat. - R.P.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=llQUrH8eEHM
 Someting for Pat. - Bromptonaut
Thanks Rob, don't know about Pat but I enjoyed that.

Lots of contrasts with today - how Dover's waitline space has expanded.

Wonder if the Italian health inspector is still allowed to inspect meat while smoking?
 Someting for Pat. - Pat
I enjoyed that too Rob:)

There's so many memories of the old A17 and all it's cafe's. Dover docks holds some special memories but it hasn't changed much over the years.

Pat
 Someting for Pat. - Armel Coussine
I liked it too.

I hoped we would see some Italian diners kissing their fingers in restaurants, but all we got was the boxes of a dozen or so being slid down the conveyor...

Not that keen on pheasant personally, and I definitely like it fresh, not gamey. Call me a wimp by all means. I used to eat them and crunch shot when I used to assassinate them. But I went off murder several years ago.
 Someting for Pat. - Armel Coussine
I tried to add last night that I hitched many miles in those big fifties and sixties trucks. Drivers were forbidden by their employers (and perhaps by law) to pick up passengers, but they did anyway. Decent chaps, kind to impoverished voyagers and bolshy towards their bosses and the authorities.

I was surprised that the makers of that Look at Life didn't explain the refrigeration unit sticking out of the front of the truck's cargo box. It would have seemed pretty up-to-the-minute technological stuff in those days.

Perhaps it was thought that viewers - cinema audiences of course - were too thick to understand. There is a distinctly patronising tone to those LaL films, not fully explained by the tortured version of received pronunciation to be heard in them.
Latest Forum Posts