Motoring Discussion > Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV Buying / Selling
Thread Author: retgwte Replies: 13

Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - retgwte
I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV am I mad?

Will it turn out to be a mistake?
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Alanovich
Bargain I reckon. Go for it.

My Mum looked at the Duster last week but felt it was a bit bulky and went for a second hand FIAT 500L instead. She said she could see the attraction of the Dacias.

If there were auto Logan MCVs, I might be looking at one in a few years time.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Boxsterboy
Jeremy Clarkson slated it in the Sunday Times, which I guess means it must be pretty good in the real world.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - CGNorwich

Excellent piece of writing though.

Here is his "no stars" review. for "the worst car in current production".

www.driving.co.uk/clarkson/the-clarkson-review-dacia-logan-mcv/18149

Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Focusless
Just in case you haven't read it already, from HJ:

'You're not buying a stylish, or prestigious car, but it's an honest package that chimes nicely with these times of austerity-led belt-tightening. For that reason, it's a significant new arrival on the market. Don't let that low price put you off adding it to your shopping list.'

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/dacia/logan-mcv-2013/
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Manatee
I was just thinking that looked very boring and slab sided, then I realised they probably copied the Outlander!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/width/640/media/6945788/dacia_logan_mcv.jpg

i.ebayimg.com/t/2011-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Diesel-Estate-2-2-DI-D-GX4-5d-Diesel-Red-Manual-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/EyEAAOxyRhBS3fVo/$_3.JPG
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Bromptonaut
Lot of car for the money.

My question would be around long term reliability and support for a new brand. OTOH the original Logan has now been around in France for several years.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - zippy
>>My question would be around long term reliability and support for a new brand. OTOH the original Logan has now been around in France for several years.

Is it based on the old Qashqai? If so, parts and reliability should be ok?
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Alanovich
It's been around for absolute donkey's out East. Based on Renault stuff, I can't see it being difficult to maintain. Which you will have to do lots, no doubt, before anyone pipes up. ;-)

My take is that it's the good Renault bits, engine, bodywork, running costs etc, without the bad - complex electrics.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Armel Coussine
Duster is obviously a bargain and I would put money on its being solid and reliable. East Europeans aren't morons and most of them are poorer than us.

If I wanted a new car of that sort and had the very modest money I wouldn't hesitate for a moment.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - NeilS
A top of the range Logan with a 7 year 100k mile warranty (you want aircon you need top of the range) is £6k less than an equivalent Focus Edge estate.You can get £5k off the Focus at drivethedeal and nothing off the Logan. If I test drove both I expect I'd want to pay the extra for the Focus but would quite fancy the half decent Renault diesel unit and a 7 year warranty.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Armel Coussine
Is the Logan as small as a Fiesta?

Anyway the Duster is capacious and practical. A/C is unnecessary, just use the ventilation or if that's no good open a window. Best engine, 5 speed manual, minimum trim, fwd unless you really need 4wd, damn good practical jalopy and holdall under £9,000 or 10 anyway.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 15 Feb 14 at 00:56
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - WillDeBeest
Is the Logan as small as a Fiesta?

I suspect not - although I've not been in a Fiesta for a couple of model iterations, so that might be the size of a 1980s Granada by now.

Most of the taxis in Bucharest are Logans. Curious choice because they're not very big or capacious - or quiet or comfortable, although they're quite upright, which helps a bit with space. Durable and cheap to operate presumably score more points, as AC suggests, in a market where people have less to waste.

It did mean, though, that when four of us, each with laptop and overnight bag, needed transport from hotel to airport - a 20-minute ride - going in one taxi was never likely to work. And that was before we saw the amazing pile of junk the typical Romanian taxi driver keeps in his boot.
 Dacia-Renault Logan MCV - I fancy a Dacia Logan MCV - Dog
Reminds me of my old Lancer Estate:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-lancer-estate-2005-road-test//

:-(
Latest Forum Posts