Motoring Discussion > My Council APP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

My Council APP - BobbyG
Went to report a pothole on Glasgow City Councils website and they also offered the option of reporting it through an APP called My Council Serv.

So I downloaded the APP and yesterday I was able to stand by a pothole, take a photo and it automatically downloaded the location through the phone GPS, uploaded it with a comment.

Half four yesterday afternoon I received an email from the Council saying that the case was closed. No works had been done. Came into work today and there were the guys filling the potholes. All in all, less than 24 hours.

Now no doubt the temp repair will mean pothole will reappear but still very impressed with the ease of use and reporting process!

(When you first set it up you pick your Council from the list, think it covers the whole of GB)
 My Council APP - Bromptonaut
London Borough of Camden were always very prompt with those I reported on their bailiwick.
 My Council APP - bathtub tom
Use something like fixmystreet.com. That way it's in the public domain and if it causes any accident, damage or injury the council don't have a leg to stand on if they've been remiss.
 My Council APP - Alastairw
The council have just fixed a big pothole right in the middle of my street, right at the point I turn into my usual parking space. While this is welcome, the rest of the tarmac seems to be dissolving now.
 My Council APP - Shiny
I used fixmystreet website and app, but the app isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Come to think of it the website isn't either, tries to be too clever when selecting position on map.
 My Council Serv - Meldrew
I can't find a My Council Serv on the the App store - can you post a link or clarify, please? Or is just Glasgow!
 My Council Serv - BobbyG
This one (Android)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycoucil.app

My Council Services UK & Ireland - Manatee
That app is also available for iphone, and there's also a "My Council" app which doesn't seem much use.

The first tells me that my council does not issue event notices, and although there are links for them it doesn't directly tell me who my councillor(s) and MP are.

My Council Services UK & Ireland - rtj70
Other councils might use a different service. Ours comes under this app:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.gov.lookinglocal.lla

I've reported problems with pot holes with this and got them repaired.
Latest Forum Posts