Motoring Discussion > disgusted Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 13

disgusted - Bellboy
www.glassguide.co.uk/News/GlassGuideNews/?News=921
 disgusted - -
Nice bit of spin there, does Alistair have a new job?

I hear from many that there's just no good quality small used cars about in the 10+ year old bracket, so many of those well cared for one mature owner gems vanished forever, scrappage and export buyers between them have left a void.
 disgusted - DP
Ooh, don't get me started on the scrappage scheme.

I presume a few of them are here, gb. Brings a tear to the eye of anyone who views cars as more than domestic appliances:

tinyurl.com/ya9coeh

:-(
 disgusted - corax
>> tinyurl.com/ya9coeh

I could spend days looking around there. All those cars with life left in them are going to be scrapped, while all the duds that truly are shot are still sitting in the streets waiting for the next unsuspecting punter. Doesn't make sense.
 disgusted - DP
Couldn't agree more. I'd like to think that many of them had some sort of terminal fault rendering them fit for scrap, but I bet there are some absolute peaches sitting there rotting. It's wrong on every level.
 disgusted - Zero
some of the parking is rubbish tho, do they employ female tranporter drivers?
 disgusted - -
>> do they employ female tranporter drivers?
>>

Only a few and they are mostly very competent.

Those pics only confirm if it were needed the idiocy of UKplc.
 disgusted - Tooslow
By all accounts Mandelson (remember him?) bullied this through. He's gone. New set of idiots? New set of idiocies?

JH
 disgusted - -
SWMBO has just placed a steaming hot bowl of steamed Rhubarb in me sweaty mitts and discustard is lovely..;)
 disgusted - bathtub tom
Just a thought............

What if those cars were flogged off, how much would it put into government coffers?
 disgusted - PhilW
Maybe I'm missing something, but many of the cars in the foreground of the "close-up" photo don't look like 10 year old scrappers to me. Most of them are far too clean for a start!
 disgusted - Soupytwist
My thoughts too. There's probably a significant number of vehicles that were traded in under the various 'scrappage a like' schemes the manufacturers were running in addition to the official one.
 disgusted - Redviper
Could you Exchange black london Taxi's under the scheme?

There is one in the Daily Mail picture
 disgusted - riddler
>> Could you Exchange black london Taxi's under the scheme?

Yes
Latest Forum Posts