Motoring Discussion > Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Isla...k Replies: 10

Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Isla...k
Hi does anyone know if the red light camera on edinburgh road flashes if activated?
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Armel Coussine
You will find out if and when the NIP arrives Isla (presumably you passed at over the limit and saw no flash). But unless you were going at least ten miles an hour over the limit you shouldn't hold your breath. Even then the chances are it won't come.
It was actually a red light camera, was defo over the line before lights turned red, but concerned they pick up on an amber...
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Armel Coussine
Ah, sorry... the only time I was done by a camera for running a red light there were two distinct flashes in the rv mirror. Doesn't sound as if you need to worry.
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Bromptonaut
The Amber light means STOP. There is however a defence around it being dangerous to do so. Crossing the line on red is an absolute offence - no defence available.

Camera will flash twice to show how line was crossed.

Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Slidingpillar
I've been flashed by a red light camera. So was everyone else who went on green! Poor thing was confused and probably out of film.
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - BobbyG
Is this the one in Viewpark as opposed to Glasgow?
It was defo too late for me to stop before the white line, it's defo on edinburgh road heading east. Have heard so e if the new cameras don't flash!
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Westpig
>> It was actually a red light camera, was defo over the line before lights turned
>> red, but concerned they pick up on an amber...
>>

You won't get done for an amber.
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Bromptonaut
I've seen the one by Fosse Park in Leicester go off. There was no doubt the car crossed the line after the red came on. The camera flashed twice in same way as some types of speed camera do.

As WP says these things cannot police amber gamblers - too many reasons to engage the statutory defence. They're designed specifically to catch chancers going through in the first second or two of red. That is an absolute offence subject only to exceptions around being directed by a Police Officer in Uniform etc.
 Audi A1 - Edinburgh road glasgow - Meldrew
14 days to wait for the NIP, if one is coming, and then relax!
Latest Forum Posts