Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - legacylad
Being a dry day (and a considerate bloke) I emptied the gf's new '62 VW CC Tdi company wheels and hoovered it out. Once emptied of her merchandise samples I decided to see what spare, if any, was supplied. Surprise surprise. In the boot well was a full size alloy, shod with ContiSport Contacts 235/45/17. Same size as her other rubber, though judging by the 'small' 17" rims I think it must be the 140 version not the 170. Nice alcantara two tone seats though.
How unusual is that in a modern car?
 Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - Skip
I bought a new 308 last Autumn and was pleasantly surprised to find a full size alloy in the boot when I was expecting a pram wheel which is what was listed in the brochure.
 Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - Old Navy
My Ceed had a pram wheel, its replacement ix30 has a full sized alloy spare.
 Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - rtj70
legacylad, if it's only got 17" wheels it's the CC base model and not the GT. Both 140PS and 177PS versions of the CC GT have 18" Interlagos wheels as standard. It is nice to know that not only is the spare full size but's it's an identical alloy wheel too.

Another clue is the Alcantara seats - we get Nappa leather in the GT.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 17 Feb 14 at 11:03
 Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - legacylad
Thanks for that info rtj70. The gf is checking with Head Office to see if I am still on the insurance to drive it SD &Pleasure. Obviously not Business. If so will drive it up to Lakes where we are going this weekend and see how it goes! If not will go in Herman to give her a break from behind the wheel.
 Volkswagen Passat CC - Runflats, space savers and gunk - rtj70
Of course as a CC diesel and not a GT variant, it can only be 140PS. The 177PS engine (I've got the older 170PS) is only available in the GT. You get some other goodies including the Nappa leather, bigger wheels, parking sensors and adaptive suspension. There's a few others too. I think they both have the RNS315 sat nav as standard. Wondering now if the lesser model as cruise control... if it has it's the other stalk on the left hand side behind/below the indicator stalk.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 17 Feb 14 at 22:53
Latest Forum Posts