Motoring Discussion > MOTs from the Council Miscellaneous
Thread Author: J Bonington Jagworth Replies: 10

MOTs from the Council - J Bonington Jagworth
This is from Martin Lewis's MSE site. It was certainly news to me!

www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#full
 MOTs from the Council - borasport
I think it used to crop up every now and then in 'the other place' - last time last September

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=78061

MOTs from the Council - J Bonington Jagworth
Thanks - didn't realise it had been on MSE before (and they didn't mention it!)

I have a feeling that our local bus operator does them too, assuming they have small enough spanners...
 MOTs from the Council - IJWS14
Used to use Derby City Transpot - their testers must have been blind!
 MOTs from the Council - Number_Cruncher
>> Used to use Derby City Transpot - their testers must have been blind!

After trying a few places in the People's Republic, I have found the tester at Borrowash Diesel / Service Garage to be quite thorough AND fair. Other than going there for our MOTs and being happy with their service, I have no connection with them.
 MOTs from the Council - Zero
wouldnt want it to fail because the emergency door didnt work.
 MOTs from the Council - borasport
FWIW, and I may have mentioned it before, I would recommend anybody to get their MOT's done at somewhere that only does MOTs i.e. has nothing to gain from your failure
 MOTs from the Council - jc2
Colchester Fire Brigade do them.
 MOTs from the Council - Ted

Got the Jowett in tomorrow....my indy only does tickets...no work.
Ian will no doubt pass it with a few advises.
He cracks on that he doesn't like old cars so I'll have to endure an hour of insults and moaning. Only charges me £35 'cos I take quite a few in.

I saw, yesterday, that he's got a new lady assistant....that'll be fun when she tries to find the dipswitch/hazards/etc. probably give her a shock when the semaphore operates a foot from her ear !

On reflection, I'll probably do it meself.

Ted
 MOTs from the Council - Dave_
>> I would recommend anybody to get their MOT's done at somewhere that only does MOTs i.e. has nothing to gain from your failure

Caetano in Heather (pronounced Hee-ther!) near Coalville do keenly-priced, impartial tests. No relationship other than satisfied customer.
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Thu 17 Jun 10 at 00:55
 MOTs from the Council - Stuartli
>>It was certainly news to me!>>

Really! I used to have my cars MOT'd in the 1960s and early 1970s at Southport Borough Council's bus depot because I knew, just as is claimed today, the fact that it was completely independent meant you had an honest assessment...:-)
Latest Forum Posts