Motoring Discussion > First 14 Plate Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 21

First 14 Plate - Bromptonaut
On a white LEC in the village this morning.
 First 14 Plate - Robin O'Reliant
Did you key it?
 First 14 Plate - Dulwich Estate
" on a white LEC "

what ? on a fridge ?
 First 14 Plate - Skip
My neighbour has just come home in a 14 plate Yaris Hybrid.
 First 14 Plate - Slidingpillar
When a friend and I had both just started work - and therefore ran cheap cars, the game was not to spot a car bearing a new plate, but one that had been in an accident. Cruel and heartless I know, but we both worked in London and if we'd not seen a new reg by 0900 on the 1st, something was wrong!
 First 14 Plate - sooty123
Large Estate Car
 First 14 Plate - carmalade
Loads of Electronic Carp.
 First 14 Plate - Boxsterboy
14-playe BMW 1-series just drove past our house.
 First 14 Plate - Bromptonaut
>> Did you key it?

Just been into Post Office and when I got back to car there was a large panel van parked behind. I suspect the Merc had been parked behind that van, he and I both moved off at exactly same time. Tecnically I probably moved into his path but he wasn't slowing for me.

I wouldn't classify it as a near miss but it did require avoiding action on my part
 First 14 Plate - BobbyG
I forgot that today was 14 plate until I passed the local Lottery winners house last night and saw that his 13 plate Range Rover had been replaced by a new 14 plate!
 First 14 Plate - WillDeBeest
...saw that his 13 plate Range Rover had been replaced by a new 14 plate!

The 13 will be waiting for parts in a workshop somewhere.
 First 14 Plate - Avant
I saw one before all of you - yesterday on the M4 - a 3-series on a transporter. Someone will say that's cheating.
 First 14 Plate - Fullchat
Someone will be disappointed :(

www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/uuu/story-20719870-detail/story.html
 First 14 Plate - Videodoctor
>> Someone will be disappointed :(
>>
>> www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/uuu/story-20719870-detail/story.html
>>

A bit of T-cut and they'll never know!!
 First 14 Plate - NortonES2
You can be sure they would never admit. Lozenge-shape? They all come like that now zur.
Last edited by: NIL on Sat 1 Mar 14 at 22:02
 First 14 Plate - R.P.
Half a dozen Harley Davidsons and a similar number of BM's finest bikes...all at Chester Motorrad when I was there today. I saw two very daft things .... a massive HD Trike......why, buy a car for goodness sake. And some twonk wearing leather "chaps" (i.e. two trouser legs with the middle bit missing....) over jeans what a price idiot he looked.
 First 14 Plate - Duncan
>> Someone will be disappointed :(
>>
>> www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/uuu/story-20719870-detail/story.html
>>

They were Volvos!

Best thing to do with 'em.
 First 14 Plate - Victorbox
I suspect a few of these will be repaired and make it onto the road!
 First 14 Plate - Bill Payer
>> I suspect a few of these will be repaired and make it onto the road!
>>

There was someone on another forum who used to drive car transporters and he said if they fall off the transporter they're supposed to be destroyed, and the transport firm (or it's insurer, I guess) has to pay the pre-VAT cost price of the cars.
 First 14 Plate - swiss tony
>> I saw one before all of you - yesterday on the M4 - a 3-series on a transporter. Someone will say that's cheating.
>>

I saw loads a week ago.
Made up a fair few 14 plates myself.. ;-)
 First 14 Plate - legacylad
14 plate Range Rover late sat afternoon, both off side wheels across the dotted white lines forcing me to take avoiding action. Fairly narrow road and I assumed the owner was not used to the width of the vehicle. I cursed a lot!
 First 14 Plate - Dave_
>> a 3-series on a transporter. Someone will say that's cheating.

We began delivering 14-plate Bentleys on Tuesday of last week. Their customers all have other cars and can be trusted not to take the new one out early.

Six months ago a colleague took a 63-plate Polo to a customer a day early, with strict instructions that it was illegal and uninsured if it was moved off the driveway before midnight. Twenty minutes later it came roaring past as my colleague was parked in a layby taking his break...

Latest Forum Posts