Motoring Discussion > Campaign for Real Colours Green Issues
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 34

Campaign for Real Colours - WillDeBeest
Baz and I, amongst others, have both commented on the drabness of the cars on our roads and the paucity of choice in the makers' colour cards. It's either fifteen shades of grey or I'm-a-nonconformist-like-everyone-else black.

This morning I saw a 14-plate (only my second; first was on a grey Golf) on a Fiat 500 in a fantastic shade of metallic lilac. Wouldn't be my choice, necessarily, but it lifted my spirits that someone had chosen it. So, more blue, red, green, yellow, purple and orange cars, please. Keep the grey for the Tarmac we'll then be able to see them against.
 Campaign for Real Colours - spamcan61
Seen a few newish Renualts recently in a really intense metallic red, almost fluorescent, looks really good on small/medium size cars.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Runfer D'Hills
I saw a merc e class estate in London recently in a sort of metallic mud colour. Looked really good for some reason. Posh looking blonde bird driving it helped.
 Campaign for Real Colours - CGNorwich
Grey for me any day. Look Ok if it's a bit dirty, easy to sell, doesn't say "look at me". I expect you all wear red trousers. :-)
No red trousers here, no grey ones either mind you ! About 30 different pairs of jeans though. Kinda hip me. Knowadda mean bro?
 Campaign for Real Colours - Zero
Squeeze green

I'll say no more.
 Campaign for Real Colours - NortonES2
Claret would do fine.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Dog
Neighb has a Megane Estate in this colour which I quite like, shame about the electrics though :(

tinyurl.com/osq2p5e (eBay)
 Campaign for Real Colours - jc2
My new car was available in bright red(almost orange)or blue;all the other colours,even white,were extra!
 Campaign for Real Colours - R.P.
The BMW is GREEN !! The Volvo to suit its mental health issue and on acid like performance is Vibrant Copper.. I'll post a photo later !
>> The BMW is GREEN !! The Volvo to suit its mental health issue and on
>> acid like performance is Vibrant Copper

Must've been tough to find a cardigan to go with that?
 Campaign for Real Colours - Avant
There's a really lovely metallic cornflower blue that some BMW 3-series come in, and something similar on the Honda Jazz. Almost enough to tempt me into a BMW, although probably not the Jazz.
>> There's a really lovely metallic cornflower blue that some BMW 3-series come in....

Anorak alert but I think you can only get that on the 'M Sport' versions. Kinda badge of honour thing.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Meldrew
There is a excellent blood red/crimson metallic on some Mazdas.
All our company cars are black.

Disadvantages - they always look dirty

Advantages - you can colour in stone chips with a felt pen

Side effects - our office car park looks like the set of the Sopranos.

Opportunities - we could always move into undertaking if the current business goes mammaries up.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Manatee
Pal of mine worked for a JCB company All the cars were white, no choice. And woe betide anyone with a mucky car - there was a car wash on site at Rocester IIRC, and if you happened you turn up at Head Office on a mucky day, you were expected to rectify matters.
When I first started work, if your car got dirty on the way to meet a customer, you were expected to run it through a car wash before parking at their premises.

It was also an absolute requirement to carry a good quality leather briefcase, use a decent pen, wear a good quality dark suit, a decent watch and leather belt and a sober silk tie.

The cars were renewed at a year old every 1st of March without fail.
When I first started, it was Blue suit, White Shirt, Dark blue tie, black shoes, black socks, tidy hair and beards were a no-no.
Now I feel out of it because I don't have tattoos or bits of metal inserted in me.
>> Now I feel out of it because I don't have tattoos

Ink, its called Ink.

As in "Like your Ink"
Oh ok. Safe man, er like...
 Campaign for Real Colours - J Bonington Jagworth
Thanks, Zero. You may have helped me avoid a faux-pas with a rather lovely inhabitant of our sales office...
I got a strange look from one our young female colleagues when I said 'I like your tats'

Not sure she heard me right.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Boxsterboy
>> Now I feel out of it because I don't have tattoos or bits of metal
>> inserted in me.
>>

Well, not that you're admitting to in public ...
If I was called Bob, I'd have a letter 'B' tattooed on each of my bum cheeks. It'd be like a personalised number plate every time I bent down.
Word of advice.

DO NOT get drunk on a night out with your colleague who wrote "Glad to be Gay" on the rump of your LEC
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 9 Mar 14 at 19:29
 Campaign for Real Colours - J Bonington Jagworth
"If I was called Bob"

I think we're all quite grateful that you aren't.. :-)
 Campaign for Real Colours - bathtub tom
>> When I first started, it was Blue suit, White Shirt, Dark blue tie, black shoes,
>> black socks, tidy hair and beards were a no-no.

I wore a kaftan to work once. It was for a bet, but it turned out to be highly practical on a sweltering hot day, working in an area surrounded by thermionic valves, before aircon was thought of.
I guess that makes sense BT. If you were cool with being known as Muriel thereafter of course...
 Campaign for Real Colours - Armel Coussine
>> if your car got dirty on the way to meet a customer, you were expected to run it through a car wash before parking at their premises.

>> It was also an absolute requirement to carry a good quality leather briefcase, use a decent pen, wear a good quality dark suit, a decent watch and leather belt and a sober silk tie.

Oh good God, I remember that crap from my corporate days in the sixties. As a market researcher I was given a small amount of slobbish bohemian latitude by my immediate bosses, but their bosses went on at them about me wearing coloured shirts and so on, and I was kept constantly informed. It was such a pain, all that.

Oddly enough though when they lent you a car - I wasn't grand enough to have a permanent one - it would be spotless and fuelled up, and you could hand it back to the resigned company garage men covered in mud, on its last gallon of petrol and with the ashtrays full and bottles rolling about on the floor. Must have been expected because no one ever complained.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Armel Coussine
And this, posted before so don't bother if you've seen it:

Nile Water

‘The demo cars are silver,’ cooed the smart young salesman’s voice.
‘It looks well in the showroom. But for you, we offer choice:
There’s dogpoo brown, and cowpat green, and cameldroppings buff;
There’s lipstick pink, mascara black and all that sort of stuff;
There’s taupe and beige and fawn and cream and baby’s diarrhoea,
And one that rots your brain that we call Huntington’s Chorea;
There’s psycho bronze and toerag grey; bipolar mauve (nice shade!);
And Mother Grogan’s water (nicknamed ‘Libyan lemonade’);
There’s Detroit Red and Cilla Black, Josh White and Gordon Brown,
And Hughie Green and one called mud (more favoured out of town);
There’s tangerine-flake; alligator; lizard; orange peel;
And if you have the money, sir, there’s eau de bleeding nil;
Past caring white and miser’s gold – I just remembered those –
And timewarp lime (like something dripping from a toddler’s nose)…’

The punter held his hand up. He felt extremely ill.
‘Silver will do me fine’, he quavered. ‘Send my firm the bill.’
‘Fine choice, sir!’ cried the salesman with a far from civil leer.
‘The paperwork is ready. Just sign at the bottom here.’
 Campaign for Real Colours - Lygonos
The difference between pink and purple?

The grip.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Cliff Pope
Why not just get it sprayed in the colour of your choice? I'm told £2000 is about the cost of a decent job, more if you wanted it to especially high standard.

Campaign for Real Colours - WillDeBeest
Sorry, Cliff, was that addressed to my OP or to Lygo? If the former then...eh?

If the latter, well, I really don't think that's something that would take well to a solvent-based product. Maybe you're tougher in Wales.
 Campaign for Real Colours - Meldrew
I was in a huge Mercedes dealership in Dortmund yesterday and while waiting for things to be done to my car I wandered round the showroom. I looked at the colour charts and was appalled. 6 blacks, 5 reds, 4 whites and 4 slivers, 3 blues and a gold. dismal! Every new car on display and for sale was white , black or silver
Latest Forum Posts