Thread Author: Zero Replies: 13

Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Zero
According to this.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26669614

I must say it doesn't feel like it.
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Dog
Eating oil is going down John: www.boilerjuice.com/heatingOilPrices.php
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - WillDeBeest
Mostly to to with exchange rates. A dollar was 66p a year ago, now it's hovering around 60p. It could just as easily change back.
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Crankcase
Was pleasantly surprised at Tesco a day or two back when the pay at pump thing kicked in with their new "you've earned a discount by showing us your clubcard at all possible opportunities, do you want to spend it now" thing.

Paid £1.25 a litre - first fill up under £50 for a while.

Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Meldrew
Yes, a car with a big empty tank and 20p off a litre for spending £50 on stuff you need is a good deal!
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Roger.
One more tankful of Shell V Power unleaded before going back to supermarket fuel.
Tick-over is certainly up by one or two hundred revs from a cold start.
The car will now move from rest in "D" quite promptly when the engine is cold, whereas on regular fuel it needed a touch of throttle.
Early morning, or first start of the day, ambient temperatures have differed little from regular fuel usage / V Power usage.
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - VxFan
Full details here:

www.tesco.com/fuelsave/

>>Yes, a car with a big empty tank and 20p off a litre for spending £50 on stuff you need is a good deal!

Ooh no, I only got 4p a litre off from my normal spend.

You only get 20p a litre if you spend eight gazillion pounds on crisps in two hours flat as far as I can see.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 21 Mar 14 at 14:00
My email says 11p but doesn't tell me how to claim it.
If you use Pay At Pump it pops up and asks if you want to use it now. If you go into the kiosk to pay, I think it pops up and asks when you give them your Clubcard.

You can elect to save it and let it build to the maximum 20p, but each month's accumulation expires the month following as I understand it, so watch out for that.

Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - legacylad
Shell V Power in Montana & Idaho was around $3.80 Per US gallon. Here in CA it's nearer $4. Without doing the math it's probably half what I pay in the UK , although my 330 does double my friends 15mpg.
Thx, Crx. Yes, I've found the FAQ on the Tesco site now. So my 11p will increase with tomorrow's delivery and whatever else we spend in March, then be valid till the end of April, so the full 20 seems achievable.

The S60 gets Shell or BP, which seems better for its slightly sticky turbo, but the LEC is allowed Tesco diesel when there's a promotion. And 20p x a typical 63-litre fill is a useful saving, when we've not changed our shopping habits.
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - PeterS
I always fill up at Shell, which is currently £1.269 a litre for regular unleaded. Since super unleaded is still cheaper than regular diesel, man maths helped mu justify filling the A8 with super unleaded as if I'd filled up the Merc I'd have spent more per litre. Simple really! Though I'm not sure I can tell the difference...
 Petrol Prices at 3 year Low. - Pat
I you pay for fuel in the shop make sure to show your Clubcard first to claim it WdeB, and the promotion is going on until September, I think.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts