Motoring Discussion > DIY speed sign cost £1000 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 5

DIY speed sign cost £1000 - henry k
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/10350622.stm

It seems that more and more folks are erecting DIY signs etc

This is first one I am aware of that has been funded by a council.
 DIY speed sign cost £1000 - Fursty Ferret
Don't see many DIY signs but have spotted a couple of DIY speed cameras - bird houses stuck in gardens at the edge of the road and painted yellow. Locals figured out one near me very quickly, until two months later when a camera van hid around the corner.

Much outrage etc. But I thought it was funny.
 DIY speed sign cost £1000 - Old Navy
>> Much outrage etc. But I thought it was funny.
>>
I believe that speed traps in residential areas often catch the local "speed complainers".
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 18 Jun 10 at 20:22
 DIY speed sign cost £1000 - Bromptonaut
I think quite a lot of parish councils have, or have access to, this sort of 'campaign' signage. It's used quite extensively here in Northants and seems to move from village to village. It'll be in Bugbrooke for a fortnight then move on to Roade or Heyford.

I suspect the issue here is more about planning and street clutter than anything related to the speed message.
 DIY speed sign cost £1000 - Armel Coussine
Twenty is plenty... oh for God's sake. Piddling PITA stuff writ large.

I was following one of these 20mph merchants for what seemed ages this evening going across town. They tend not to get out of the way of course. There are more and more of the carphounds.

Makes you want to puke. This is the metropolis, with big main roads that used to be OK for 50. Now there are chicanes, wide bollards and pavements, and moimsers mimsers mimsers up everyone's nose. Ugh. Sorry, but ugh.

DIY speed sign cost £1000 - L'escargot
>> This is first one I am aware of that has been funded by a council.
>>

Even parish councils are controlled by planning permission rules.
www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planningandbuilding/pdf/326679.pdf
Latest Forum Posts