Motoring Discussion > The Wrong Arm of the law Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 7

The Wrong Arm of the law - TheManWithNoName
cars.aol.co.uk/2014/03/17/police-attempt-to-prosecute-driver-with-false-arm-over-mobile-ph/
 The Wrong Arm of the law - BobbyG
Police officers should be charged with wasting police time and lying.

I know of 2 people who have been done with holding a mobile phone when they were adamant they weren't but still got done for it. One had hers in her zipped handbag in the passenger footwell, she challenged the officer to find her phone and gave him permission to look in the bag but he wasn't interested.

But on the plus side, those coppers were nearer their divisional targets that day.
 The Wrong Arm of the law - Runfer D'Hills
I leave mine in the boot ( ok it bluetooths to the car system so I can still make and receive calls ) but if it was in the cabin I'd find it really hard not to look at emails. Just being honest.

I also leave my sandwiches in the boot now too for different but vaguely related reasons !
 The Wrong Arm of the law - Duncan
>> Police officers should be charged with wasting police time and lying.
>>
>> I know of 2 people who have been done with holding a mobile phone when
>> they were adamant they weren't but still got done for it. One had hers in
>> her zipped handbag in the passenger footwell, she challenged the officer to find her phone
>> and gave him permission to look in the bag but he wasn't interested.
>>
>> But on the plus side, those coppers were nearer their divisional targets that day.
>>

How do you know for a fact that the police officers were lying and not the person being prosecuted?
 The Wrong Arm of the law - BobbyG
Because I trust her?
 The Wrong Arm of the law - Meldrew
Think Hillsborough, riding a bicycle through Downing Street gates, the man NOT taking part in a street protest assaulted by a policeman and dying and "A secret memo has revealed the shocking truth behind a ‘lorry load’ of anti-corruption files shredded by Scotland Yard.
A summary of the files says investigators gathered evidence of wholesale criminal behaviour by trusted police officers during an undercover three-year probe."
Last edited by: Meldrew on Fri 4 Apr 14 at 07:10
 The Wrong Arm of the law - Duncan
>> Think Hillsborough, riding a bicycle through Downing Street gates, the man NOT taking part in a street protest assaulted by a policeman and dying
>>

Think any Police, Camera, Action type programme and see how many members of the public routinely lie to the police.
 The Wrong Arm of the law - Focusless
>> Police officers should be charged with wasting police time and lying.

We know they were wrong, but don't know that they were lying - might have looked to them like he was using his right arm, and that's what they believed. Not saying that's what happened, but it's possible.
Latest Forum Posts