Motoring Discussion > The Pedibus Green Issues
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 14

The Pedibus - Duncan
I passed (eventually) a pedibus on the Kings Road, Fulham this afternoon. It seemed a very good idea.

Almost pollution free, cheap to run, no problem with drink-drive limits. It's all plusses and no negatives.

What could be better?

www.pubcrawler.uk.com/pedibus.html
 The Pedibus - Bellboy
it should be made to pay road tax
big ugly thing with a load of bo0zo"s on it
walk to the pub why dont you people?>
surely you would still get done for drink driving if you were steering though so whats the point
its like women wearing stupid uniforms like nurses gear in a local hen party do,just what is the point????

;-)
 The Pedibus - Zero
complete twaddle.
 The Pedibus - smokie
I'm sure there's a hint of Victor Meldrew about Zero, now he has more time on his hands... :-)
 The Pedibus - Zero
I'll let you know when I stick my foot in a dead hedgehog.
 The Pedibus - bathtub tom
>>surely you would still get done for drink driving if you were steering though so whats the point its like women wearing stupid uniforms like nurses gear

I understand you can only be done for drink driving a motorised vehicle and I doubt if the owners would let this loose in the hands of revellers, so I presume whoever's steering it is sober.
Nothing wrong with women dressing up, they seem to try and outdo each other in the minimilistic stakes. It keeps us happy drinkers happy. As for when the local sixth formers break for the summer..............

Chill Bb, have a drink. Stroppy customers today? If you were a woman I'd say you need a patch. ;>)
 The Pedibus - Bellboy
Chill Bb, have a drink. Stroppy customers today? If you were a woman I'd say you need a patch. ;>)

ha----

you mist the wink young man
look back read again and digest
the body may be flunked but the brain is still swillink
 The Pedibus - bathtub tom
>>you mist the wink young man

Good grief, how young d'yer think I am (my bus pass has had at least one birthday)?.

Thanks for the compliment, old boy. ;>)
 The Pedibus - Focusless
>> What could be better?
>>
>> www.pubcrawler.uk.com/pedibus.html

"To date the distance record in one cycling session for the Pedibus is 44km from Windsor to London. This was achieved in 5 hours 54 minutes."

Looks like fun. However, that's an average of just under 7.5km/h, or 4.6mph, or only slightly quicker than walking pace :(
 The Pedibus - Duncan
The thing did seem to be very low geared.

To anyone of a non-grumpy persuasion, it did look to be good fun, pedestrians were enjoying the spectacle too!
 The Pedibus - Armel Coussine
>> that's an average of just under 7.5km/h, or 4.6mph, or only slightly quicker than walking pace :(

May have started out more briskly than that, but slowed down as the cocktail/dinner/wine and cheese party got under way and ended up meandering hesitantly along with much laughter and people falling off to amuse the others.

It's a graceless object, but I do like the idea of a moving dinner party gliding noisily down the King's Road. You'd have to be young and a bit of an exhibitionist though.
 The Pedibus - Zero
>> It's a graceless object,

As BBD seems to have the day off...

It can only be tolerated if its powered and piloted by naked nubile young girls.
 The Pedibus - BiggerBadderDave
Did somebody mention naked girls???

I saw one of the paedobuses decked out like a proper bar with pumps, optics and a sign but I can't remember what country I was in at the time.
 The Pedibus - L'escargot
How much (to buy) are they?
 The Pedibus - Armel Coussine
>> How much (to buy) are they?

I don't think they can be bought legally in this country gastropod. And even in places where naked girls are on sale, the price these days can be truly shocking for a winsome example.
Latest Forum Posts