Motoring Discussion > Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! Car Deals
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 9

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Auntie Lockbrakes
The Fiat/Alfa/Chrysler distributor over here changed about 6 months ago, and aggressive pricing for higher sales volume is the order of the day now.

The Giulietta looks a distinctive car, or being an Alfa, is it just a nightmare waiting to happen?! Under GBP 16k over here is a very keen price for a brand new 1.4 petrol turbo manual one...

I personally have never fancied taking on the burden of ownership of an Alfa, but the fact that it is new, and warrantied, appeals...

Go on, somebody tell me how crap the Giulietta really is..?!
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Focusless
HJ won't: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/alfa-romeo/giulietta-2010/
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Roger.
It's a Fiat, badge engineered, so will be on a par, surely?
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Dog
Based on the Bravo, but it looks the biz, to some.
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - TheManWithNoName
A colleague has one as a lease car. Took it in today. Whining noise coming from the back end, engine management light came on, door wont shut and lock until at least after 3 attempts. He says he'll change it next year when the renewal comes up.
Alfa's are like high end hookers - pretty on the outside but underneath lurks God knows what.
;-)
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Fenlander
Never buy an Alfa because it's cheap... buy it because you want it.
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - PR
A few posts so far haven't been entirely accurate...

The Giulietta is not based on the Bravo. It has a brand new chassis, the C EVO that is underpinning a new generation of FCA cars. The suspension set up is also completely different between the two cars. Oh and the engines aren't the same either!

We replaced a 150,000 mile Bravo with a Giulietta and they are completely different machines.

The Giuli is now on 34k miles in just over a year of ownership (we bought in ex demo with 5k miles on in Feb last year). It is a 170 diesel veloce in Alfa red with 18" teledial alloys, 330mm brembos and it looks fantastic.

It drives very well, despite the alloys, and it has averaged around 50mpg. It handles brilliantly, the chassis is very good.

Mechanically it has been perfect, though it has had dash rattles that some seem to suffer from, though these have been sorted under warranty.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - mikeyb
Had a diesel one as a rental a few months back. I liked it and could live with it. Didn't feel as solid as a golf / focus / astra but did feel well put together
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - Runfer D'Hills
Put it this way Mikey, remember yourself as a younger man, imagine there are 4 single girls at a party, three of them look as solid as a Golf/Astra/Focus and the fourth one looks as good as an Alfa...

You know the answer !

;-)
 Alfa Romeo Giulietta - going cheap - worth a punt?! - ....
Giulietta is the one who looks old before her time.

I had one on hire a couple of years ago, a 170 diesel. I was very impressed by the get up and go but the rattles and creaks plus the broken switch gear at 3,000 miles made me think it was not worth the pain. I hate rattles and creaks in a car, my current Volvo is driving me up the wall after the previous P2 built from granite car.
Latest Forum Posts