Motoring Discussion > T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 13

T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - sherlock47
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=85311

Worth reading if you are running a high risk vehicle.
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Zero
It strikes me as a money making exercise. Which, lets be fair, is what the HJ site is all about.
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - -
If they make a bit out of it good luck to them, i wish them every success.

For the lost bewildered brow beaten car owner faced with un uphill battle on their own when they know deep down in their hearts that they haven't abused the thing, but feel unable to face down the 'experts' against them from the dealer and manufacturer's side then access to a team of registered engineers willing and able and qulaified to pick up the cudgels on their behalf is a good thing.

If i had to pay out £1500 and indeed if i had a manual 4x4 possibly considerably more, then the possibility of getting a large percentage of my hard earned back would be most welcome news.

ISTR Screwloose reporting to our shock that a DMF alone without clutch or fitting was in the region of £1500, good possibility of a £2.5K+ clutch and flywheel replacement.
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - L'escargot
I hope you're fair and send our stuff over there!
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - VxFan
>> I hope you're fair and send our stuff over there!

You'd need to use tinyurl (or other link shortening options) to get around the swearfilter.
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Tigger
Similar to the issues when injectors or injector seals fail prematurely? Either they were engineered to the right quality in the first place or they were not. Hard to see them as a consumable item!
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Old Navy
With a bit of research you can buy a diesel car without either a DPF or DMF. My shiney new diesel has neither.

Unfortunately the manufacturers don't make the info easily accesable, and the average punter probably doesn't know the implications of, or existance of either.
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Bellboy
zero is on the money
again
thumbs up
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Armel Coussine
>> on the money
>> again

Yes, but to be fair bb a lot of innocent punters might be willing to pay a percentage to an ambulance-chaser like Lucy Thing to avoid the hassle of dealing with shifty, granite dealers and manufacturers trying to evade their well-deserved losses. I might myself in fact. I hate wrangling with nature's screaming rectums.
I suspect, ( I have no proof mind, just a naturally suspicious mind) that several fees will need to be paid up front. Engineers report, Initial admin costs, before any "no win no fee agreements" kick in.

Well I have some experience. I am engaged in a legal matter at the moment, and have engaged a solicitor on a no win no fee basis. So far its cost me £550. Such is the mature of "no fee"
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 20 Jun 10 at 22:12
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Duncan
>> I am engaged in a legal matter at the moment,
>> >>

Is there any chance that you might be appearing at The ' Bailey?

Please, please....
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - Duncan
If you want, I could arrange a charabanc outing from Woking?

;-)
 T'other side - LucyBC adds value DMF failures - BobbyG
Makes me feel grateful that SEAT replaced mine with a week left of its 3 year warranty free of charge...
>> If you want, I could arrange a charabanc outing from Woking?
>>
>> ;-)

No - you missed your chance to see me in Oakham Magistrates court. You are about 4 years late.
Latest Forum Posts