Motoring Discussion > The French are revolting... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 9

The French are revolting... - R.P.
ukfrancebikers.com/2014/04/12/thousands-of-angry-french-bikers-take-up-the-streets-again/

At least the bikers care enough.
 The French are revolting... - diddy1234
What is it with the powers that be seem to think speed kills.
Speed its self can be quite safe, sometime accelerating out of a situation (possibly speeding temporarily) can actually save lives.

In a weird way I am kind of glad its not just here in blighty that people are fed up with this 'speed kills' bull5hit
 The French are revolting... - NortonES2
It's thanks to the half-witted marginal bikers that we have intrusive speed limits in the Peak District. And lower death rates, oddly.
Because all the half witted marginal bikers (note : Not Motorcyclists) go to die elsewhere and ruin honest motorcyclist's riding roads. I hate this time of the year here all the wealthy born again bikers come to our area and are a menace.
 The French are revolting... - Runfer D'Hills
It occurs to me that the coming generations will need to have astonishingly good memories in order to remember all the rules they'll have to live their lives by.

Or maybe they won't, because in due course they won't be allowed to do anything much, and those few things they are permitted to indulge in will require some form of helmet, high visibility clothing almost certainly a licence and will only be acceptable under qualified supervision.

It is to me the height of irony that a society which prides itself on it's supposed liberalism, is in fact becoming increasingly regulated.

Some of those rules / laws / regulations are indeed the progeny of common sense but many are simply the wet dreams of a beurocrat.

The French are revolting... - Fullchat
"It occurs to me that the coming generations will need to have astonishingly good memories in order to remember all the rules they'll have to live their lives by."

Someone will produce an App for that issue :)
 The French are revolting... - madf
I recall driving in Lincolnshire on an A road at 60mph and being passed at high speed (80mph?) by a group of bikers. Five miles later we passed one of them - who was at the rear of the group that passed us.. dead impaled on a fence he had hit.

And judging by bikers I have seen on the Cat and Fiddle Road, lots more try to do the same.

Passed in a 30 mph limit today by a biker doing at least 50mph - he nearly ran into the back of the car in front which was turning right.

I think many bikers are revolting in the UK: many will follow Darwin's Laws...
 The French are revolting... - legacylad
Only doing 80. Pathetic. I pootle along at an indicated 70 and get blown into the dust.
Here in t'Dales I spend almost as much time looking in my rear view mirrors as I do reading the road half a mile in front. I don't have a problem with the ton up boys so long as they are competent and courteous. Sadly , not all are. Mostly they give me a cheery wave as I pull over marginally to the near side when they scream up behind me. At least they are then aware that I am aware of them. If that makes sense.
Same here...
 The French are revolting... - Runfer D'Hills
Yep me too. Our old house in the Scottish Borders was on a 'biker's' road. We had a verandah at first floor level overlooking our garden and ultimately the road. Sitting there we could hear the bikes coming and eventually see them as they crested the top of the hill and swept down past us.

Sunny Sunday afternoons were best. Only ever had to help one extricate himself from the wee burn which ran through our land...

Quite often saw them being pursued by a T5 jam sandwich though.

Used to go and mix it with them in my Westfield sometimes. They were usually quicker on the straight bits but come the corners I had half a chance.

Not that I broke the speed limit at all. That would have been dangerous and illegal wouldn't it...

;-)
Latest Forum Posts