Motoring Discussion > Mobile Tyre Fitting Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 12

Mobile Tyre Fitting - maltrap
Just been looking at a mobile tyre fitting company called Tyres On The Drive, they seem very competetive pricewise, has anyone used them, would they recommend them or not ?
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 30 Apr 14 at 10:11
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - commerdriver
Not used them, but have used Kwikfit mobile a number of times seemed very good.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Fenlander
Yep I've used mobile guys and they are very good. It's so last decade to waste up to an hour or more in a tyre bay on plastic chairs with rubbish coffee while a 15 min job is done.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - No FM2R
>> to waste up to an hour or more in a tyre bay on plastic chairs with rubbish coffee while a 15 min job is done.

Wrong approach.

Go to Kwik fit with wife, leave car and walk into town, so no parking fees. Regretfully insist that shopping trip is brief because car must be collected.

Take wife for pub lunch to apologise for spoiled shopping trip.

That would be win, win, win I believe.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Alanovich
Can we get her to pay for the lunch somehow?

Oh, and get her to drive home after the necessary 5 pints of 6X?
Last edited by: Alanović on Tue 29 Apr 14 at 14:54
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - bathtub tom
I'm suspicious of the quality of wheel balancing these 'we come to you' characters can achieve.

The last time I had tyres fitted (at a fitting centre), they took four attempts at getting the balance right and I can still feel a little imbalance.

Then again, they may make a better job of it?
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Fenlander
Depends... if they balance the wheel on a broom handle with a spirit level on the rim then I can see the issue... last guy had a proper spinning balancer in the van.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - VxFan
When we had a mobile guy come out and put new tyres on the van at work, I asked how accurate his balancing machine was, bearing in mind he had to spin the tyre by hand instead of pressing a button to let an electric motor do it.

Basically, the more level the ground his van is parked on, the more accurate the balancing will be.

In short, don't live on a hill, or have a sloping drive.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 29 Apr 14 at 21:45
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Dog
You've put me right orf the idea now m8y - Cornwall is one BIG hill.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Phil F
Hi,
I had a look at them,they do seem to be very competitive,cheap even?
Anybody actually used them?
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Slightlyfatdirector
No, but I have used Event Tyres down here in the South East on many occasions and I could not rate them highly enough for their mobile service, and pricing is generally better than almost anyone else. Good advice too.

They have done tyres on my company car, the old Jag I had (with very odd sized tyres) and also my wife's car.
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - mikeyb
Used e-tyres and would recommend them.

Did have a balancing issue once, and the guy could not be more apologetic, came straight back and followed up with a call to check it was now OK.

Think it all comes down the the quality of the fitter really
 Mobile Tyre Fitting - Simon
>>Wrong approach.

>>Go to Kwik fit with wife, leave car and walk into town, so no parking fees. Regretfully
>>insist that shopping trip is brief because car must be collected.

>>Take wife for pub lunch to apologise for spoiled shopping trip.

Or maybe the shopping trip could be a bit longer because Kwik-Fit have just rang your mobile to say that you also need the tracking doing and new shockers all round...

Then skip the pub lunch because you have just been fleeced of all of your disposable cash... lol

Oh and on the topic of mobile wheel balancers - they are rarely as good or as accurate as the big floor mounted machines that they have in tyre workshops. The small light mobile ones are made for convenience in the back of a van, rather than accuracy.
Last edited by: Simon on Sat 3 May 14 at 07:24
Latest Forum Posts