Motoring Discussion > Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 32

Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Runfer D'Hills
Well, the "Millenium Falcon" ( aka the old Mondy estate ) had a problem this weekend. I suspect it took the Qashqai search badly and decided to make its feelings known. After all my previous crowing about its durability, on Friday night it suddenly developed an ominous intermittent loud clunking sound when on the move.

Last night I traced it to a perished exhaust hanger. Took it it to our local KF branch this morning and they fixed it for free. I did feel morally obliged to top up their tea fund a bit but well done them.

Incidentally, I was offered £850 for it as a trade in yesterday. Everything we looked at was at least 15 times that price and more. Funny how economics works isn't it ? I mean I do know both prices are more or less right but if you tried to explain to a Martian why a newish mainsteam car is worth 15 times what mine is you might struggle a bit when trying to explain why the new one was better by that multiple.......

:-)
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Bellboy
nice to see you topped up the tea tin HA, its surprising how many people you can help in a year for no charge but it would be nice if a few tinnies arrived xmas eve.
helped an ex customer of mine on saturday saved her £100 easily no charge from me so she said do you like biscuits?
what man likes biscuits?
we wan beer
beer
beer...................
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - crocks
Having a fault so soon is truly appalling. Can't anyone make a reliable car these days.
You should take it straight back to the dealer and demand a replacement car and compensation.
Why can't Ford be more like Kwikfit?
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - corax
Damn, I was hoping something had happened to that Tdci engine, but no joy :-)

How many miles has it done now?
175K / 8 years old - Three lightbulbs and now an exhaust hanger. I'm thinking of taking your advice and writing a stern letter to Ford......
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Iffy
...Three lightbulbs and now an exhaust hanger...

It's the thin end of the wedge, sell it before it's too late.
Oops it wasn't your advice was it ? It was Crocks. Anyway it's quite a worry.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Zero
>> Oops it wasn't your advice was it ? It was Crocks. Anyway it's quite a
>> worry.

Yes, first onset altzheimers is always a worry. Perahps the wife had best sign that power of attourney now?
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - crocks
First sign of Alzheimer's is usually a large number of spelling mistakes in one line. :-)
No, thats ignorance.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - madf
Not ignorance. Sheer laziness. No spell checker.
Inexcusable in this day and age...If I at my age can use a spell chequer, anyone kan.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Armel Coussine
>> Not ignorance. Sheer laziness. No spell checker.
>> Inexcusable

Any half-literate person turns the spell checker off as soon as they get the computer and leaves it off for ever.

It is unbelievably faffing and intrusive and will turn you into an American in short order, as well as querying every name other than John and Bob.

Faugh! Spell checker indeed... ought to be called a hex draught...

:o}
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Tooslow
AC, you surprise me. "will turn you into an American ". Well if you will use an English (US) dictionary, what do you expect? Set it to English (UK).

JH
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - John H

>> It is unbelievably faffing and intrusive and will turn you into an American in short
>> order, as well as querying every name other than John and Bob.
>>

You are way out of date with your experience of spell checkers. Firefox, Opera, and IE8 allow the use of "British English" dictionaries; and allow you to add your own spellings to the database. However, I agree that a spellchecker is just an aid, and not a substitue for your knowledge.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - corax
>> Incidentally, I was offered £850 for it as a trade in yesterday.

Well, I'd give you a few quid more than that if I was in the market for a replacement car, but it would probably go wrong as soon as I'd taken possession. In Car Mechanics magazine, there was one at an auction with over 400000 miles on the clock, so you've got a fair way to go yet! (Don't know what's it's history was like though).
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Dave_
>> over 400000 miles on the clock

2004 TDCi LX 115 estate with 532,491 miles: bit.ly/aFuICO

Back to the topic - some goodwill generated by KF on here then, as well as with Humph and anyone else he tells. Good job by the fitter.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Iffy
...some goodwill generated by KF on here then...

A Kwik-Fit fitter gave me a couple of exhaust U-clamps for a little job I was doing in the house.

Building a dungeon Iffy ? You could get Dave round in his cowboy outfit and Zero in his androgenous boots...... Could be quite a party !

Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Tooslow
This isn't the place to come if you're of a sensitive nature :-)

JH
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - jc2
No one mentioned that Ford used to own Kwik-Fit!!Then they sold it and set up Rapid-Fit.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - BiggerBadderDave
"U-clamps for a little job I was doing in the house"

Piercings for the wife?
Most probably wouldn't sell it now even if it ends up being a spare again. Handy thing to have really. Too good to sell and if it self destructs one day then hey ho.
"Incidentally, I was offered £850 for it as a trade in yesterday."

You know what else costs £850? Crocodile chocolate exotics (Plus £10 P&P)

"www.rsoles.com/acatalog/choc_crocodrillo.jpg"

Honestly, what would you rather be seen in Humph?
Er....not those Dave.......sorry !
you must be wrong in the head...
A Ford.

those boots are disgusting,
I tell ya, with boots like that I'd be fighting off secretaries with a stick. That would never happen in a Ford.
yeah, a white stick.
 Thumbs up Kwik Fit ! - Armel Coussine
>> a white stick.

Yeah, keep meaning to get one of those. To go with my now agreeably run-in and filthy white Adidas tennis shoes and long beige dirty mac.

As for those cowboy boots, good god. Pimpsville on Sea, innit? You'd be well proud of those points if you got them remaindered down the Beller for 40 or 50 quid, but only a foreigner would pay real money for carp like that.

Have you gone native BBD? Just checking old fruit.
There's clearly no convincing you guys what makes a snappy set of duds. I'm off to round up the cattle.

So long pardners.
May your spittoon always ding and your spurs ever jingle.....
go watch your copy of bareback mountain.

What is the polish for iron hoof?
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 21 Jun 10 at 20:24
Bachelor(ski)
Latest Forum Posts