Motoring Discussion > 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - henry k
The gas mains work has started on the B365 Seven Hills Road ( between Cobham and Walton on Thames).
The road is totally closed for nine weeks.
The whole area around J10 of the M25 and the A3 was a mess this morning.

Just my luck I had a run from Gatwick 0830 to J11 this morning.
Fortunately I had already planned across country but finished up ( for those that know the area ) with a dog leg from Stoke D'Abernon via the Fairmile and joined the official diversion via , Esher, Weybridge.

You have been warned.
 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Boxsterboy
The burst water main in Malden Rushet this morning won't have helped either. I thought the gas works on the 7 Hills Road had been rescheduled to avoid a complete closure? - obviously not.
 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Old Navy
>> The whole area around J10 of the M25 and the A3 was a mess this
>> morning.
>>
I know it well, but have the sense to live 400 miles away. :-)
 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Zero
It was ok this morning at 10:30. Although I got caught in a jam on the m25 j10-11 where a megane mk2 was freshly on the hard shoulder with extensive damage all down the right hand side and a lorry with bits of the megane dangling on its front r/h side. I cant imagine how car and lorry met r/h to r/h.
Traffic was backed up from Cobham back past Stoke D'Abernon on the A245 aat about 9.15.
The A307 was backed up from Cobham to Claremont ( but that is the official diversion route)
From Esher to Chertsey 10:00 ATA and back was OK.

I have another round trip for a STA Chertsey @1700 so I will keep my everything crossed.
 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Zero
Use the back road route via pyrford I gave you some months back. The cobham roundabout and the woking road will be chaos at 17:00, as will weybridge to the addlestone moor roundabout.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 21 Jun 10 at 13:58
 7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Hard Cheese

>> Use the back road route via pyrford I gave you some months back. >>

Hmm, I thought it was I that suggested the Wisley, Pyrford route ;-)

Though that and ways via Ripley will surely be busy if the Seven Hills Road is closed. A3 to Old Woking and cutting back might be better than clutch pumping.

7 Hills Road Cohham Surrey shut for 9 weeks - Duncan
>> with a dog leg from Stoke D'Abernon via the Fairmile and joined
>> the official diversion via , Esher, Weybridge.
>>
>>

You could have popped in for a cup of tea - either on the way to (St. Peter's?) or on the way back!
My thanks to Cheddar for the initial route and for AE adding some more detail.
Very useful local info as it was not on roads that I was aware of or used.
I pooled all that info, and having driven the route(s) in both directions produced a detailed paper map that is still preserved in my daughters Yaris.

I guess I might have been lucky but my end of shift collection ( 5:45) Monday evening, was easy easy.
I went via Weighbridge and back via the M25 / A3. The M25 although posted with a speed limit flowed sweetly and then the rest of the route was very quiet.
Job done now its daughter's problem.

Murphy's law the works are on for all but two weeks of daughters stint at Chertsey and then she decamps to Oxford Uni for three years. Oxford is a well worn route but I will hopefully not doing it too often.

Duncan sorry I missed the cuppa.
Latest Forum Posts