Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 7

Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - Auntie Lockbrakes
GM recently pulled the (Opel-badged) Astra out of the Australian market, it was a sales flop.

Yet now they have just announced that 2 Astras are on their way to NZ early next year, badged as Holdens of course. The super-hot hatch VXR, and also a 1.6 turbocharged GTC with 6-speed auto. Is this latter model on sale in the UK? Sounds like it might be of interest. At least they are not giving it a premium price for a "premium" European brand.

The convertible Cascada is also on its way - have they sold any of these in the UK...?

Oh, and an Insignia 2.8 4x4 on its way too. Who dreams up these plans?! No other variants, just this one...
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - VxFan
>> a 1.6 turbocharged GTC with 6-speed auto. Is this latter model on sale in the UK?

Yes.

www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/astra_gtc/overview.html

>> The convertible Cascada is also on its way - have they sold any of these in the UK...?

I saw one in Swindon last week. Bloke had trouble getting his shopping in the boot because the convertable roof mechanism taking up all the room. Nice looking car though.
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - ToMoCo
Lots of GTC's around. Never seen a Cascada in the flesh
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - Runfer D'Hills
Who would buy a car that sounds like a laxative?
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - Slidingpillar
This is an automotive laxative - accept no substitutes!
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/8214880/Classic-Packard-Bentley-in-pictures.html?image=5
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - R.P.
Seen a few of those Cascadia models around here. It defeats me why someone would buy one for what Vauxhall are selling them. But as second hand cars you seem to get a stack of car for the money - Dare I say a nicer looking car than the current Focus.
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - Victorbox
>> Oh, and an Insignia 2.8 4x4 on its way too. Who dreams up these plans?!
>> No other variants, just this one...

Same people who send one or two hot Holden models to the UK rebadged as Vauxhalls for Jeremy Clarkson to like.
 Vauxhall Astra I - Astras on their way down under... - Auntie Lockbrakes
And I guess a 2.8 6-cyl. Insignia will go some way to replacing the Holden Commodore which is due to be retired in 2016.

Reckon the Astra will see off the Holden Cruze too :-)

The Mokka is also here now, badged as a Holden Trax. They are asking over GBP15,000 for it, while a new Captiva is barely a grand more...
Latest Forum Posts