Motoring Discussion > MID Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 7

MID - Bellboy
Just to appease any babylon that stopped me today i put a sales car on the mid rather than use trade plates to go for its mot
i also downloaded my mid details and left it in the car in case the babylon tried to confiscate my wheels
anyway got me thinking
my name my insurance number and my postcode were on this so if the sheet was nicked any old itinerant could put loads of cars on the MID and i wouldnt even know unless one was involved in an accident or job
so the MID doesnt work
 MID - bathtub tom
It would seem that you, as a trader, have different, higher level access to MID than us, the great unwashed.

MID - Westpig
How long does it take MID to update a traders details?...and depending on that answer, is it worth bothering?

signed: a babylion
 MID - Old Navy
Nice typo WP. :-)
 MID - commerdriver
>> Put a car on to take it for an MOT..........so the MID doesn't work

You wouldn't already have some sort of negative opinion of MID would you?? Time to get a life perhaps.
 MID - Bellboy
>> >> Put a car on to take it for an MOT..........so the MID doesn't work
>>
>> You wouldn't already have some sort of negative opinion of MID would you?? Time to
>> get a life perhaps.
>>
you dont understand commerdriver
i was giving an overall picture of the MID system,im in the motortrade,i can see why its a hopeless proposition that can be manipulated
maybe you would care to read my first post
in fact dont bother
keep to your ice cream van and hope you dont get a puncture eh
 MID - Bellboy
i did it because my local town was locked down with agencies today and i needed to go through the net
3 days for the MID normally to show
 MID - Dave_
My old gaffer renewed his fleet insurance for >20 lorries & vans last month. Broker said they'd tack his Range Rover on for a lot less than he was paying to insure it separately. RR still not showing on MID, which is a PITA because the whole fleet (RR included) is covered for SDP use and boss frequently lends it to anyone who needs it for weddings / holidays / towing etc.
Latest Forum Posts