Motoring Discussion > Holiday season traffic Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

Holiday season traffic - Armel Coussine
I had a medical appointment in London yesterday at 11am, and a social one at the other end of town at 7.30pm. I thought two hours would be ample to cover the 50 miles to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington but it took two and a half and I was late, after getting up in what to me is the middle of the night too. Mimsers all the way both ways, weaving about to make overtaking as difficult as possible, 35 in a 50, a rigid obstructive 50 in NSL territory, foreign artics taking up too much room and going too slowly, even a London bus whose driver must have been drunk or mad, completely impossible to get past and all over the road. Many here would have taken its number and tried to get the driver arrested for DD. He sure was asking for it.

But never mind all that which is fairly normal at this time of year with foreigners and provincials getting in the way and executing unsignalled manoeuvres or signalling one way and turning another. To kill time I saw my Irish publican buddy who told me he was about to buy a V6 Passat with 14,000 miles on it, but garaged for five years owing to the owner's lengthy driving ban (the owner being a part-time former barman of his). He said he was going to leave it at his house in France for the use of visitors. Perhaps we'd better get down there before some fool crashes it.

The pacemaker techie told me he had tweaked my device to 'make me feel better when I'm walking around'. Not sure but it seems to have worked. Cyborg Jumping Jack Flash, Yee-hah!
 Holiday season traffic - Ambo
>>The pacemaker techie told me he had tweaked my device to 'make me feel better .....

I had a nasty turn seven years ago and was in intensive care for three days. A consultant then ordered my pacemaker to be tweaked and I was home two hours later.

"It's amazing what they can do." Like getting 11 kilos off me in 10 days more recently. This was dramatic but easy, using Bumetanide diuretic. I had been suffering from dropsy. How dull retirement would be without medical problems!
Latest Forum Posts