Motoring Discussion > Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 17

Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Auntie Lockbrakes
Father-in-Law is set on buying a new Kuga 2.0Tdci in a couple of months' time. He's ruled out everything else. Anyone here own/drive one? Anything to watch out for? He's hoping to keep it a good 10 years or more...
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Clk Sec
I'm not absolutely certain of this, but I think I read a review recently that said the rear view was somewhat restricted.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - swiss tony
>> I'm not absolutely certain of this, but I think I read a review recently that said the rear view was somewhat restricted.
>>

Lack of risibility out of modern cars is standard fare, to see out of an A class it helps if you are a gynaecologist.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - WillDeBeest
Lack of risibility...

Tee hee. Even Vauxhalls?
};---)
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - VxFan
>> Even Vauxhalls?

Yawwwwnnnn
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - ....
>> Yawwwwnnnn
>>
We keeping you up again or, is that a new advertising strapline?
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - madf
>> >> I'm not absolutely certain of this, but I think I read a review recently
>> that said the rear view was somewhat restricted.
>> >>
>>
>> Lack of risibility out of modern cars is standard fare, to see out of an
>> A class it helps if you are a gynaecologist.
>>

A risible remark..

(Coat taken)
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Armel Coussine
Is there a Ford Kuga? There was a V6 coupé called a Cougar. Is that what is being talked about here?
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - ....
No, the Kuga is a rival to the door mirror eating Qashqai (ask Humph).
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 21 Jun 14 at 22:10
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Runfer D'Hills
The Kuga is a small / medium sized SUV. The Ford Cougar always used to make think of Joanna Lumley is a Capri for some reason.
Big boot on a Kuga. Should that be important.

Girls cars though aren't they? As indeed are Qashqais. When I had one I always felt as if I looked slightly henpecked in it.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Armel Coussine
Ooh, ah, sorry, ignorant of me.

Most modern cars are all right, even tall chunky ones, but I think I'd prefer a Cougar.
William Hague had one. I want to say.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Stuartli
The original Kuga was smaller, but the Americans demanded a larger version for their market with the latest version - it's not as good to drive as the first one.

The Couger was the replacement name for the third generation of the Ford Probe, originally based on the Mazda MX-6. A smaller offering was the Puma, based on the Fiesta chassis, and as a result a very good handling coupe. Kuga is a rather neat play on Couger.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - legacylad
I bet BBD would prefer a cougar.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - mikeyb
Dont know much about the new model.

Friend bought the last generation one for his Mrs as an xmas present to replace her old shogun. Turned out to be a bit of a liability - had literally 1000's spent in warranty work over the first 3 years. Just out of warranty a bill for 1200 quid appeared. They got shot shortly afterwards

They are the sort of people who keep their cars for long periods (His BM is 10 years old and owned from new, and her old shogun was 10+)

Maybe they were unlucky, but I doubt it did more than 6 - 8K a year, and I know they wont buy Ford again.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - Boxsterboy
>> Is there a Ford Kuga? There was a V6 coupé called a Cougar. Is that
>> what is being talked about here?
>>

Oh do try and keep up AC. The Kuga SUV is now in its second model. The current one is a big bigger than the first one. The Cougar was a rehashed Mazda coupe.
 Ford Kuga - New Kuga diesel - mikeyb
To clarify for AC

Cougar is what Del boy would drive if he was still around today. A spiritual replacement for the Capri

Kuga is what yummy mummy's drive on the school run
Latest Forum Posts