Motoring Discussion > Breakfast Club this Sunday Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Slightlyfatdirector Replies: 3

Breakfast Club this Sunday - Slightlyfatdirector
Hi All,

This Sunday from 8a.m onwards is 'Soft Top Sunday' at Goodwood, down near Chichester.

All sorts of exotic convertibles old and new will be there and it looks like it might be a hot sunny one.

I went last year to this specific event and there were hundreds of really interesting cars to nose around. No entry fee, just the cost of a cup of tea and a bacon butty if you fancy one.

I will be there in the Jag soaking up some rays, jealously looking at the new RR Phantom convertible they will probably bring down, let alone the Zonda.........
 Breakfast Club this Sunday - Arctophile
We shall be there in Mrs A's MX-5.

As you say, a good morning out.
 Breakfast Club this Sunday - Ted

Keep that Sun off the plastic seats, boys !
Hope you have a stonkingly good day !
Too far for us in the frozen North but if I can indulge in a mini-hijack, there's a show of ' Interesting cars ' on July 11th in Didsbury Park, South Manchester...Noon onwards.
It's a first, charity event for Music for Hospitals. I'll be there, 2nd oldest so far, about 60 cars booked in.

Plenty of time for the Sun to go into hiding before then, though !

Ted
 Breakfast Club this Sunday - Slightlyfatdirector
Plastic seats!? Leather dear boy!

Well, what a fab morning out! A gentle cruise for 90 minutes along the A27 and a queue to get into Goodwood, a hot bacon roll, lots of sun and lots of smiley people.

Thats before we get to the cars.

All sorts there from some rare Ferrari's (no idea of type but very old, and clearly valuable), a few gorgeous Mercedes, including a huge 1960's powder blue 220 convertible and a Pagoda, Alvis's, Audi R8 spider, lots of classic old BMW's (and at least 3 Z8's!), Aston Martin DB4 Volate, Alfa Guilietta's, loads of MX5's and TVR's, a bunch of Smart car CrossBlades (weird car!), a proper 'Blower' Bentley, some Hot Rod, a very old Lagonda, speedsters, a Prowler, Ausin Healeys, Morgans's, even a Renault Alpine convertible (did they make this or did the owner do it I wonder), pretty Sunbeams, etc.

The must have been 600+ cars there and they were still arriving as I set off for home at 10.30.

A great free day out. Did anyone else on here make it?
Latest Forum Posts