Motoring Discussion > AA renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 13

AA renewal - Mapmaker
By post, renewal cost is within a whisker of £250. WOW.

New customers are £114 on their website, and using topcashback as a new customer you can get £48 back - making it £66. So I rang them up, and they said they could match it; he went to speak to his supervisor and came back with £124...

"Oh no, we don't deal with cashback sites. If there's a site that will give you cash back then I recommend you go with it." I couldn't get him to understand that it was the AA paying the cashback, not an act of charity on the part of TCB...

So, as I won't be a new customer, I'll have to go with RAC or somebody else. Autoaid seems to be reasonably well regarded on the MSE forums. Anybody have a view?

I asked him to cancel my DD and he said 'certainly sir'. The one thing that the AA does provide - being a 'Gold' member is three free weekends abroad.
 AA renewal - Crankcase
Does your manufacturer have their own scheme? Mine does (Toyota) and at £60 it offers almost everything my £240 AA membership did.

AA renewal - Duncan
Have you thought of using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers to pay for RAC membership?

tinyurl.com/ofqh2j3
 AA renewal - Fenlander
Our RAC is renewed year on year at a huge discount... for example this year self, Mrs F and daughter F are under £100 for all 3.. roadside and recovery in any car we are driving or travelling in.

It should be £197.

A little like LV in the other thread they seem to have settled to giving this discount without being asked.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 14 Jul 14 at 22:35
 AA renewal - Boxsterboy
Ford give free breakdown cover when you service your car with them. They used to do it automatically, now you have to ask. Which makes their reasonable annual service cost for the S-Max even more bearable.
 AA renewal - WillDeBeest
Likewise MB and Volvo - and no need to ask.
 AA renewal - maltrap
I'm about to renew my car insurance, AA insurance was as good as a few others except it offered free roadside assistance to new customers so i'll go with them, but only for a year!
 AA renewal - Duncan
I will be renewing my RAC membership for another year at a cost - in Tesco vouchers - of £58. I think that is very good value for Joint, Home, Roadside and Recovery for two people considering that it hasn't cost me anything - well, sort of...

tinyurl.com/ozdmzwb
 AA renewal - spamcan61
>> I will be renewing my RAC membership for another year at a cost - in
>> Tesco vouchers - of £58. I think that is very good value for Joint, Home,
>> Roadside and Recovery for two people considering that it hasn't cost me anything - well,
>> sort of...
>>
>> tinyurl.com/ozdmzwb
>>
Yep, that's what I've been doing for the last few years now. Slight glitch this year due to somebody nicking 150 quid's worth of Clubcard points from our account!
 AA renewal - hjd
I do that too.
I have also had my Tesco Clubcard account hacked, 3 times now...despite using their guidance, and more, re passwords. It's an inside job, but they won't admit it.
 AA renewal - Stuartli
Someone mentioned this company the other day - thinking of it seriously as VW has dropped its RAC cover in favour of the AA:

tinyurl.com/mwx2w7b
 AA renewal - nice but dim
Does anyone know if you have to provide proof of servicing and (or) vehicle age limit to go with the RAC?
 AA renewal - spamcan61
>> Does anyone know if you have to provide proof of servicing and (or) vehicle age
>> limit to go with the RAC?
>>
No you don't; although IIRC if the vehicle is more than 10 years old then you can't take out just the most basic level of cover, you must take out roadside + recovery, at least.
 AA renewal - nice but dim
Thanks, its a 52 plate albeit a Mitsubishi - i always go for a recovery cover anyway.
Latest Forum Posts