Motoring Discussion > General Question - French Speed cameras Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Telb Replies: 9

General Question - French Speed cameras - Telb
Do any learned colleagues here know whether French speed camera authorities have access to DVLA records yet? I'm pretty sure I was flashed by one around Orleans today, doing 80 in a 90 limit. The thing is the limit is reduced to 70 for 3.5 tonnes or more. The car is 1.9t and the caravan 1.4t so I'm okay for 90 but the camera may have confused the back of the caravan for a lorry?
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 14 Jul 14 at 21:27
 General Question - French Speed cameras - CGNorwich
No they don't but they will, I believe next year. If you didn't get stopped and have your wallet emptied then you are safe. On the autoroutes the police will usually stop you at the toll points.
Thanks for that CG. That's one argument I won't have to have then! I solved the autoroute toll thing by getting a telepeage transponder this year. Works like magic, but goodness knows what size the bill will be! Not that I'm likely to be done, I cruise at 100kph on the motorway when towing and always stop for a break at some point!
 General Question - French Speed cameras - Bromptonaut
>> I cruise at 100kph on the motorway when towing and always stop for a break
>> at some point!

If I understood the guff correctly the limit for outfits over 3500kg MAM in France is 90kph.

Many car/caravan combos will be over that though my Berlingo/Xplore 304 pairing creeps under by quite a bit.
 General Question - French Speed cameras - Dutchie
I have been flashed by a speed camara once in France.Never got any letters through the post.

I suppose depends how fast you are going and is it worth the hassle to chase you up.
 General Question - French Speed cameras - jc2
Sanef(and other French Motorway operators) deny that they share data with the police-what normally happens is that your speed has been checked elsewhere(nowhere near the tolls) and that they are the safest place to stop you-automated toll or not!
 General Question - French Speed cameras - sherlock47
Apart from verge situated police radar cameras on the Autoroutes, the police have been using hand held devices on the speed reduction areas when you are approaching the Peage. Very easy to overspeed at these places when the traffic is light. The best advice is to go through a 'middle ' pay lane as the police stop teams are often positioned either fully left or right. However if you are using a telepeage, and there is a nonstop 30 lane, these are generally sited on the lhs!
But as I said in the OP I'm 3400kg.
 General Question - French Speed cameras - Manatee
>> But as I said in the OP I'm 3400kg.

But you didn't say that was your MAM.

(Sounds a bit daft, that sentence).

Just loading under 3500kg doesn't do it.
 General Question - French Speed cameras - NeilS
i've had a bip and go for the peage for 5 years and I press on a bit and have never had anything come and get me. I have been flashed by 2 speed cameras off the autoroute and nothing has come of it and I have been caught once by a mobile camera and a well driven Impreza police car that acknowledged my driving prowess and gave me a certificate that only cost me 90 euros.
Latest Forum Posts