Motoring Discussion > Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 4

Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. - henry k
"Hogarth flyover is closed for six weeks from midnight on Friday 18 July 2014 until 06:00 on Sunday 31 August 2014 to strengthen and repair the flyover. The refurbishment involves replacing the deck, replacing and upgrading the parapets, repairing the steelwork, and improving the lighting on the slip road where the A316 merges with the A4."

www.tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/hogarth-flyover

This will increase the traffic on the Hogarth roundabout for all.
No quick over the top on the "tin flyover" for folks coming from the Richmond / Twickenham / M3 direction.
 Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. - MD
It has been many a year since I ran that route daily, but help a fading brain here.......didn't major strengthening works happen there perhaps 7-10 years ago??
 Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. - Zero
The Hogarth Flyover was designed as a temporary traffic relief solution. That was in 1971.
 Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. - Armel Coussine
I lived within shouters of that roundabout in the early sixties, and had a prole job as a sprayer's mate on the other side of it.

The tin flyover came later, and in recent years I have often clonk-clonk-clonked through its battered tight iron and concrete chicanes and over it either to join the inbound M4 or to take the left up through Chiswick High Road to the Bush and that...
 Hogarth Flyover at Chiswick closed for weeks. - Boxsterboy
>> The Hogarth Flyover was designed as a temporary traffic relief solution. That was in 1971.
>>

Which pretty much sums up the approach to many infrastructure projects in this country!
Latest Forum Posts