Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Polo IV - Mrs F buys a Polo 1.4 too.
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 0

Volkswagen Polo IV - Mrs F buys a Polo 1.4 too. - Fenlander
I'd hinted in the thread about a Polo for daughter this might happen...

Younger daughter starts learning in 2 days and we really didn't want her starting in Mrs F's C3 of the past 4.5yrs. It was about due for changing otherwise a clutch, cambelt and a couple more jobs would have been needed mounting up to around £800 if we had the local guy do them.

Slight dilemma was the car Mrs F might have wanted for the next few years may not have been compatible with a learner, she actually fancied a small Alfa. We both genuinely miss the 156.

So came up with an obvious solution. We swapped the C3 in for a Polo that youngest can learn in then buy from us. She loves eldest's Polo so we bought another 2004 1.4 16V petrol. A 5-dr this time in met green with SE trim so aircon, parking sensors and slightly better seat trim.

Totally against my usual way we bought at a main dealer. The KIA place 30mins away often sell an older car retail if in exceptional condition. This Polo was exceptional in most respects with dealer service history and a low 60k recorded.

Comes with a full year's warranty backed by KIA and was already MOT to mid 2015, taxed to the end of the year.

Of course the deal was outwardly rubbish but my thinking was we only put in about the same as the repairs needed on the C3 and a 2004 petrol Polo is of broadly the same value as a 2006 diesel C3. Also after the huge effort of already buying two older cars privately over the past couple of months a deal with a prepared and Hpi'd car where we just dump the C3 on collection day with no worries selling privately was very attractive.

So a creeping change from mostly French for decades through French & Italian to all German badges on the drive for a while
Latest Forum Posts