Motoring Discussion > Driving all day Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 11

Driving all day - Armel Coussine
... it felt like anyway. 2pm till 5pm between here and Caledonian Road, 8pm till 10.45 near enough from Bayswater to here, all the usual nose-to-tail carp and of course moronic mimsers doing 38 in NSL, really disheartening, in the end you can hardly be bothered to pass.

Went there to see the friend I failed to see in hospital the other day. That wasn't great either. The only upside of the day was free parking for a couple of hours in Caledonian Road, achieved by means I won't describe here for fear of the storm of faffing opprobrium that would result. Suffice it to say that my ill friend, who was always up for a bit of scallywagging, would have really approved.
 Driving all day - ....
Try the A1 from Edinburgh to York and the mimsers in their company tax dodging specials which are 4 queue hall use to man nor beast.

I had a roof box on and still overtook the useless four cars.
 Driving all day - legacylad
Reading the original post I am so glad that I continue to live in a part of the world, rural N Yorks, where progress can normally be made on today's roads. It is tourist season with lots of shed tuggers and motor homes, tractors and more minsters driving old classic stuff, but by and large I can get around without too much hindrance.
Knowing all the overtaking spots and being in the correct gear to accelerate hard does help though!!! Seldom are the times I need another 100 horses, but that itch needs constant scratching.
 Driving all day - Mike Hannon
It never ceases to intrigue me, after all these years, every time I visit the UK. Nowhere is very far from anywhere else but it takes forever to get there.
 Driving all day - Bill Payer
I'm convinced a lot of people just drive around for the heck of it!
 Driving all day - ....
My post above was flippant the two posts above hit the nail on the head. I've been back for a couple of weeks now and have now fitted a dash cam.

The number of drivers who enter a clear roundabout on trailing brakes is unbelievable. I expect some to stop, get out and push the car around the curve. I don't expect to see cars cornering on the door mirrors but 10MPH on a motorway junction is dangerous IMHO.
 Driving all day - CGNorwich
Well I've seen some people dawdling as they join motorways but 10mph? Really?

Driving all day - ....
Yes really, you need to have wits about you these days. I'm half expecting one of them to stop.
When I say m'way jctn I mean the roundabout at the top of the slip, not actually crawling onto the M'way at 10MPH
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 26 Jul 14 at 21:06
 Driving all day - BobbyG
What dashcam did you go for?
 Driving all day - ....
Mini 803.
Very similar to 801 but works with Class10 mini SD card and has better nighttime images which will be useful in the winter.
 Driving all day - BobbyG
Read a lot of reviews on that, when it works its great but seem to be so many issues with it?
 Driving all day - ....
So far mine has been very good, no complaints.
Latest Forum Posts