Motoring Discussion > Travel Chaos - Flooding Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Travel Chaos - Flooding - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-28520520

I had a need to get to Ruislip for 11:00 today. Didn't even get near the place, the whole area was a no go area.
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - Manatee
Good grief. Baking in the sun here, 25 miles away. No rain today yet.
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - Duncan
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-28520520
>>
>> I had a need to get to Ruislip for 11:00 today. Didn't even get near
>> the place, the whole area was a no go area.
>>

Well!

It's your own fault if you go to Ruislip from where you live via Worthing!

;-0
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - Zero
I didn't need to go via Worthing to hit the flooding.
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - jc2
Didn't know Suffolk had a Gt. Dunmow-the one I know is a long way into Essex but if the BBC says so, it must be true!
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - jc2
Read it wrong!!
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - Armel Coussine
You don't have to go to Worthing to see summer floods round here. The first time I ever came here in 1968, high summer, it was quite difficult to get back to London, floods all over Surrey (where I drove through a colossal tropical rainstorm the other day). My Bentley was good at wading but I certainly didn't want to drown it. Needed a bit of throttle when the exhaust pipes were under water...

The Bentley's air intake was on top of the engine. These modern jalopies often have it low down, not at all the thing for suddenly running into a flood at speed...
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - bathtub tom
>>The Bentley's air intake was on top of the engine. These modern jalopies often have it low down, not at all the thing for suddenly running into a flood at speed..

But all the better for getting a supply of cool air, which of course is going to help keep exhaust emissions low, which helps reduce the VED band, which lowers the BIK, etc, etc...............
 Travel Chaos - Flooding - IJWS14
Why were the signs on the M40 saying "Long delays on A40" when it was CLOSED.

Still closed at 7 last night when I left so came up the M1.

Latest Forum Posts