Motoring Discussion > breakdown cover ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 11

breakdown cover ? - zookeeper
hi room , ive been looking at breakdown cover ... never used the service before ,im not after the bare bones cover but would like to have the vehicle took home should the inevitable happen
the AA ,RAC, greenflag all look about the same price wise
any recommendations and or pitfalls welcome
thanks... zoo
 breakdown cover ? - Stuartli
I've used the VW warranty for the past four years for both car and breakdown service - the breakdown cover cost has been remarkably low.

However, VW has switched from the RAC to the AA this year, so I'm pondering all avenues just as you are doing.

The best I've come across to date is another Car4play's member's recommendation for QDOS:

tinyurl.com/q79lv39
 breakdown cover ? - jc2
Britannia Rescue-called them out twice-less than 1/2 hour both times.
 breakdown cover ? - Duncan
>> hi room , ive been looking at breakdown cover ...
>> any recommendations and or pitfalls welcome

I think we wrote about this only a couple of weeks ago.

I buy RAC using Tesco Clubcard vouchers with Boost (or whatever it's called).
 breakdown cover ? - zookeeper
did we
 breakdown cover ? - Duncan
>> did we
>>
>>

We did:-

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=17707&m=392369
 breakdown cover ? - Avant
Slightly off topic - does anyone have any idea why Audis, Skodas and SEATs come with 3 years' free breakdown cover from new, whereas VWs come with only one? It seems to defy logic.
Last edited by: Avant on Sat 2 Aug 14 at 13:34
Eh?

www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/plans-and-policies/factory
 breakdown cover ? - mikeyb
>> Slightly off topic - does anyone have any idea why Audis, Skodas and SEATs come
>> with 3 years' free breakdown cover from new, whereas VWs come with only one? It
>> seems to defy logic.
>>

I can understand why Seat and Skoda do as I guess they are competing more with the Korean brands pushing long warranty, but its odd that Audi do and VW dont
 breakdown cover ? - kb
Unless I'm missing something, Avant asked about the three years breakdown cover. But the following two posts refer to warranty - not breakdown cover
My fault as I've always had a warranty combined with breakdown cover...:-( :-)
 breakdown cover ? - Avant
Yes, all the VAG brands give 3 years' warranty, but all bar VW also give 3 years' free breakdown cover.
Latest Forum Posts