Motoring Discussion > Police tactics...... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 16

Police tactics...... - Old Navy
.......have changed.

There has been a lot in the press about the changes to policing in Scotland since the unified Police Scotland was introduced with a strong Glaswegian influence throughout Scotland. this has not gone down well in many areas. There have been mutterings about all the "good" traffic cars being shifted to Strathclyde to be replaced by older stock.

Anyway, here in Fife we have no fixed speed cameras, but mobile camera vans and occasionally a marked traffic car and hiviz dressed police with a speed trap in a rural village. Today I commented to Mrs ON that I hadn't seen a camera van for weeks. A few minutes later I saw an unmarked police car in a layby on the opposite side of the dual carriageway I was on with a black uniformed policeman aiming a hand held speed camera over its roof from a point where he would not be seen by oncoming traffic. Things have definately changed.
 Police tactics...... - Westpig
Can you elaborate please...

I'm coming up your way next Wed morning .. will probably go the Loch Lomond way rather than Stirling...

...however if the the Jockanese Polis are up to no good I'd like to know in advance.
 Police tactics...... - BobbyG
You're two weeks too late WP - while the Commie games were on all the police were focussed in the games areas - the rest of the usual hotspots were deserted!!

Mind you by all accounts they have all accrued so much lieu time that you will be lucky to see a copper over the next few weeks!

ON where was the speed trap?
 Police tactics...... - CGNorwich
I suppose if all else fails you could keep to the speed limits. Radical I know but i've heard it works.
 Police tactics...... - Armel Coussine
>> I suppose if all else fails you could keep to the speed limits. Radical I know but i've heard it works.

Caramba! These English are more cunning than Satan himself, the Evil One!

But I do not like them.
>> I suppose if all else fails you could keep to the speed limits. Radical I
>> know but i've heard it works.
>>

Not a problem for me, I'm retired. No clock to be a slave to, phone off most of the time, and on the speed limit on cruise control (but brain engaged).
>> ON where was the speed trap?
>>

A92 Eastbound, just past Lochgelly.

The unmarked car was a grey AUDI A3.

Westpig -

Nothing specific, just subtle changes to road policing, as in more sneaky and less high profile.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 6 Aug 14 at 07:32
 Police tactics...... - Duncan
>>>> ...however if the the Jockanese Polis are up to no good I'd like to know
>> in advance.
>>

It's the Scotch civilian police that are the worst!......
 Police tactics...... - BobbyG
ON, considering the recent furore in the press re the arming of Scottish cops, are you sure it was definitely a camera he was pointing???
>> re the arming of Scottish cops, are you sure it was definitely a camera he was pointing???

It's not a camera, it's a sort of Asdic thing. One was fired at me once and I heard a distinct ringing sound from the windscreen.
>> One was fired at me once and I heard a distinct ringing sound from the windscreen.

I have to admit though that on another occasion I didn't hear a thing, and the copper stopped me and showed me the digital readout of my speed on the back end of the pistol.

The speed wasn't outrageous and he let me go.
 Police tactics...... - Zero

>> would not be seen by oncoming traffic. Things have definately changed.

Aye, got costly Independence to pay for.
 Police tactics...... - legacylad
If they introduce roadside fines I imagine it will be a lousy exchange rate
 Police tactics...... - CGNorwich
Perhaps more significant than their attitude to speeding is that armed police are now regularly patrolling the streets of Scotland.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28656324
 Police tactics...... - bathtub tom
Thread drift.

ISIHAC this week. Jocularity: The thought of Scotchland achieving independence.
 Police tactics...... - Dutchie
I cannot see the Scots voting for independence (sorry off topic).Maybe max 40 % if that.

Alex Salmond did he win or lose the Television debate With Alastair Darling?
It seems to be a head or heart vote.

The thinkers (no voters) are ahead in the polls.

It was a 44/56 win for Darling in the poll after the (poor) debate.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 6 Aug 14 at 11:32
Latest Forum Posts