Motoring Discussion > Audi A3 Sportback - Build quality Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 1

Audi A3 Sportback - Build quality - legacylad
The 59 plate A3 Tdi I bought as short term transport for the expectant Mum to be in April this year will soon be moving on. They fly back to the island of Far Far Away later this month so thought I better take some photos of the car prior to advertising it.
Having spent time recently in friends cars of the same age, pug 308, Focus and an Astra I was surprised just how much better the general ambience was. It is basic SE spec, with the only extras bring heated seats and a Parrot kit, but the ride on 16" wheels was more than acceptable, and despite its high miles it felt tight as a drum. The others just somehow did not feel as well screwed together, and nowhere near as solid. The latest A3 is supposed to be even better. I cannot comment on handling & reliability but I was impressed by how well it hides the mileage...albeit having an easy motorway miles life with one previous lady owner.
Just need to get the few stone chips sorted now before selling on, or I could be lazy and send it BCA !
 Audi A3 Sportback - Build quality - mikeyb
A3's sell well, so if you price it sensibly it will sell.

SE wasn't the base model when I had mine in 07. There was no designation which didn't get air con or anything really, then I had the special edition which fell just below SE.

I think the A3 is a very well screwed together car - my £500 stopgap one last year had 246K on it, and ran quite sweetly. In fact it felt like it would have run on for quite a while. Few friends who got in it didn't believe the mileage.
Latest Forum Posts