Motoring Discussion > Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 5

Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - Falkirk Bairn
tinyurl.com/k42o4qq

I did not know whether to put it under motoring or computer related

Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - jc2
THe Ford Fusion in the US is what Europeans call Mondeo.And "old" cars get stolen by thieves to ride round in looking for something better to steal!
 Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - Zero
they were hacked by physically installing a WIFI module into the car.

Not exactly remote hacking now is it.
 Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - DP
At least one bright spark on there wrote how they plan to stick with older cars as they are "more secure". Yeah, because nobody with double digit IQs ever stole pre 2000 cars with simple tools you could buy in a pound shop. I think today's balance is about right. The cars are hard enough to steal that the casual joyrider is highly unlikely to bother, but not difficult enough that the pros need to threaten or even kill you for the keys.

I'm a nostalgic so-and-so, but I reckon car security wise we have never had it so good.
 Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - ....
I'd disagree as the double digit IQ crew now break into houses and threaten people with various weapons.
I blame the Government of the 80s for kicking the can down the road and not castrating the thieves back then...
 Hackable cars - mostly US but some Euro cars - Slidingpillar
My vintage car can be driven off without a key. There is no ignition key anyway and if one gets a push, or cranks it, removal of one wire on any magneto equipped car will enable the engine to run.

If you've not driven anything like it though, you would be struggling to operate the controls.

(The battery is on a key switch isolator, but you don't need the battery in daylight).
Latest Forum Posts