Motoring Discussion > Lincoln to Dundee Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 8

Lincoln to Dundee - Dave
I have to make this trip next monday. All the route planners seem to go across to the M6, then up to M74. Is this the best route, or can I take the A1 to Scotch corner and up the A68?

I've no idea what the roads are like up that way, certainly not in the last 15 years or so.
 Lincoln to Dundee - commerdriver
Trust the route planners if quickest r most economical journey is the plan, You can go up the A1 / A68 but it will take longer cost you more and take you past some of the nastiest speed cameras in the UK.
 Lincoln to Dundee - Pat
Dave, I would go A1 and A66, then M6 and M74.

The A66 is so much improved now and nearly all dual carriageway.

Pat
 Lincoln to Dundee - Fullchat
Did Hull to Dundee a couple of years ago. Strangely the direct and easiest route was A1, A66, M6 then across.
 Lincoln to Dundee - Falkirk Bairn
A1 - A66 -M6 - M74 -M73 -M80 to Stirling -A9 to Perth -A90 to Dundee
 Lincoln to Dundee - Old Navy
>> A1 - A66 -M6 - M74 -M73 -M80 to Stirling -A9 to Perth -A90 to
>> Dundee
>>

I agree with that.
 Lincoln to Dundee - Avant
They're right. The A68 is a lovely road, one of my favourites, but you need not to be in a hurry.

It may seem odd to go that far west, but it's less surprising if you remember that Edinburgh is west of Bristol.
 Lincoln to Dundee - Pat
Never thought of it like that Avant, it really does make sense!

I love the A68 on a sunny day, sitting high up in a lorry cab with something different to look at than the A66 views. Not that there's anything wrong with them but I got to know them so well.

...and a bit of a challenge too if time allowed it;)

Pat
 Lincoln to Dundee - Dave
Ok, thanks guys and girls. I'll take the 'recommended' route above.

I'm in a Swedish registered car, so speeding tickets aren't a problem, but being nearly Swedish now, I don't speed much anyway!
Latest Forum Posts