Motoring Discussion > Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 9

Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - Auntie Lockbrakes
Just seen a gallery of official photos of the next-gen XC90 in the daily newspaper online edition (telegraph).

Looks great. Is it me, or is there more of a hint of BMW X5 about its styling?

Am presuming prices will start in the high-30k's..?
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - Focusless
Auto-Express report:
www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc90/63546/new-2015-volvo-xc90-revealed-pics-specs-video-and-full-details
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - ToMoCo
>> Looks great. Is it me, or is there more of a hint of BMW X5
>> about its styling?

Looks very Mazda - from the front anyway.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - Alastairw
Yes, mazda-y at the front. Proportions similar to that Bentley SUV that was knocking about. Should be good and roomy with that shape.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - Boxsterboy

>> Am presuming prices will start in the high-30k's..?
>>

£68,000 for the fully loaded First Edition models!!

The outgoing XC90 has been discounted for years, and Volvo want to move the new model up-market (by about £8,000 I believe). That will seriously dent it's appeal to the current clientele, school runs mums, etc.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - mikeyb
Drive the deal had massive discounts on these at one point. I remember you could get a kitted out one for 26-28K for a while, but the model is so old all the NRC's must have been recovered years ago.

Its success also caught out Volvo - when it was launched it was far to cheap and sold very quickly
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - TheManWithNoName
Yawn!
Another massively dull steroidal Tonka Toy to fill the roads. At least you won't stand out in a car park - every other SUV will look identical.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - NeilS
>>>>>Drive the deal had massive discounts on these at one point. I remember you could get a kitted out one for 26-28K for a while, but the model is so old all the NRC's must have been recovered years ago.

I remember and the leasing companies had them at £350 a month which is cheap. You can now get over £10,000 off an XC70 yet only £1800 off a V70 with drive the deal.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - Slightlyfatdirector
Hi Neil,
I have not checked, but when I was looking at Drivethedeal there were big discounts on the V70 for SE and SE Lux spec, but hardly anything for the 'business edition'. The discounts for the better spec models made them cheaper than this low spec one which seemed a bit bonkers to me.

If you are interested in the V70, have a look at the better specs when looking at the DTD site. You might be surprised.

I took the price from them to my local dealer who matched it, saving me over £10k.

The XC90 and V90 (the replacement to the V70 mooted for 2016) will be unlikely to get such big discounts.

The new XC90 to me has quite a bit of Merc GL-looks to me. Can't say I am as wowed by the exterior as the interior which looks lovely, although all that touch-screen-malarky would not be attractive to me when trying to use on bumpy UK roads.
 Volvo XC90 - Pics of forthcoming all-new XC90 - ....
It will probably sell well in Europe and the CO2 obsessed markets.

Volvo are traditionally well thought of in America. It will be interesting to see how the American market warms or otherwise to a 2.0 four cylinder vs the 6 and 8 cylinder rivals.

Reviews of the new S/V60 T6 (four cylinder with super and turbo charger) say it feels strained when compared to the previous 6 cylinder (turbo).

My only concern is if Polestar don't offer aftermarket upgrades then you are locked out.
Annual software upgrades, which don't work in my own experience with the dealer network, are a big concern. I'd rather they offered me the option to do it myself at home. I don't have to take my computer to PC World every time Microsoft issue a patch.
Last edited by: gmac on Sun 31 Aug 14 at 19:08
Latest Forum Posts