Motoring Discussion > Familiarity breeds contempt (II) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 3

Familiarity breeds contempt (II) - Armel Coussine
My 18-yr-old granddaughter, staying here sometimes, is working as a waitress for a person who does catering for weddings and so on.

I made her 15 minutes late for work today by faffing around, going round the houses twice and quite a long way too, trying to find a place quite near here. Problem is road name signs are few and far between, and in this case although the Victorian 'castle', out of sight, could be identified by its grandiose brick double gatehouse, there was no name board, just a tiny temporary pointer with the word 'wedding' scrawled on it.

I told the girl to let me know in good time so I could consult google and the AA maps. She emailed me the zipcode fifteen minutes before time, hopeless given I am far less efficient than I used to be at that sort of thing. Slower and more cautious too.

Cursed a bit but didn't yell at the granddaughter, a good girl usually. I saw someone in a waitress's uniform in the yard and told her it was my fault the girl was late.
 Familiarity breeds contempt (II) - Alastairw
You are much too good to your family AC. I though I was hard done by today having to go to Wilmslow twice to deliver and collect The Boy for a lacrosse tournament.
 Familiarity breeds contempt (II) - Armel Coussine
>> I saw someone in a waitress's uniform in the yard and told her it was my fault the girl was late.

The granddaughter scolded me severely for doing that. She claimed it would only make things worse and embarrass her to boot.
 Familiarity breeds contempt (II) - J Bonington Jagworth
I wonder how many of the guests failed to find it? Our village 'thesps' put on an annual Shakespeare production at a remote country house, and signing it clearly requires a lot of work. Even A3 boards are illegible to passing cars if they contain more than about 4 words.
Latest Forum Posts