Motoring Discussion > Classic car day Linlithgow Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 5

Classic car day Linlithgow - Falkirk Bairn
Out and about looking for plants for the winter garden I stumbled across the Linlithgow Classics - lots of cars mostly from the 50s & 60's looking really good.

It took me back to being a teenager and remembering when these were new and some of the cars from the 30's and 40's were in daily use. MGAs/Bs, Triumph TRs, 2000s, Fords, Vauxhalls, Hillmans.......

Last week there was a classic day in St Andrews. A Falkirk enthusiast & his 14 yr old son were both killed in a road accident returning from the event in an elderly MX5..
 Classic car day Linlithgow - Dutchie
That was a sad ending after going to a show Falkirk.

I love to see classic cars,all polished and cared for by their owners.I should have kept some of mine old VW Beetles but you move on.

Classic car day Linlithgow - Cliff Pope

>>
>> I love to see classic cars,all polished and cared for by their owners.
>>

I don't, I like to see them scruffy and used regularly as proper cars.

A few years ago my wife got caught up in a classic parade through Cardigan while driving the Triumph. Course marshals kept trying to give her directions, and she was arguing that she was just trying to get to Tesco to do the weekly shopping.
 Classic car day Linlithgow - Slidingpillar
You'd not believed the marshals I had to ignore to take my vintage car to Old Warden for a flying day. The entrance was shared with a car rally, and I don't pay money to 'exhibit' my car. (I will if all the proceeds go to charity, ie Classics on the Common).
 Classic car day Linlithgow - Mike Hannon
Neither do (or would) I.
I like to see old cars looking smart - but still being used every day or as often as practical.
 Classic car day Linlithgow - Ted

I'm with ^this^ Giza.
Latest Forum Posts