Motoring Discussion > How precious can you get... Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 17

How precious can you get... - Mapmaker
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/honestjohn/11068165/How-to-clean-a-car-thats-covered-in-dust.html

Insurance assessors?!
 How precious can you get... - Boxsterboy
Well, he is a BMW coupe driver ... I would expect nothing less!
 How precious can you get... - CGNorwich
I'm always surprised at how terminally stupid people seem to acquire sufficient funds to acquire expensive cars. I was leaving a car park in Halesworth this afternoon as a brand new BMW 5 entered via the exit . The car park is one way with great big arrows painted on the tarmac and the words NO ENTRY by the exit in six foot letters. The woman driver got quite irate when I refused to give ground.

How precious can you get... - Fullchat
Oh she knew what she was doing alright. Those rules are only for plebs.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Tue 2 Sep 14 at 18:53
 How precious can you get... - Manatee
>> www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/honestjohn/11068165/How-to-clean-a-car-thats-covered-in-dust.html
>>
>> Insurance assessors?!

Quel tosseur.
 How precious can you get... - Armel Coussine
What's supposed to be wrong with that? Perfectly sound advice, perhaps needed by some young or vague owners. HJ offers useful advice to faffing motorists, and this is useful advice.
Fair enough.

It's a funny old world, when somebody has the wherewithal to drive a new BMW and can't figure out that jet wash would get dust off it, so it is.
 How precious can you get... - Armel Coussine
More money than sense... nothing unusual in that.
 How precious can you get... - henry k
>> More money than sense... nothing unusual in that.
>>
I wonder if her view through the windscreen is legal or if she discovered that it is not a good idea to use just the wipers to clear the crud ?
 How precious can you get... - Old Navy
I wonder if this is the lady who put the snow chains on the front wheels of a 3 series.:)
 How precious can you get... - Duncan
>> I wonder if her view through the windscreen is legal or if she discovered that
>> it is not a good idea to use just the wipers to clear the crud ?
>>

How do we know it's a woman? Or have I not been paying attention again?
 How precious can you get... - DP
In my experience, modern BMW paint marks if you stare at it too hard.

I think it's quite sensible to ask for advice how to avoid damaging a £40k car. I'm not sure about the insurance assessor though. That's a bit silly.

How precious can you get... - Cliff Pope
>> In my experience, modern BMW paint marks if you stare at it too hard.

That's a famous old Physics exam howler - drawing the arrows the wrong way on light beams. :)
 How precious can you get... - Slidingpillar
I think it's quite sensible to ask for advice how to avoid damaging a £40k car. I'm not sure about the insurance assessor though. That's a bit silly.

Yes, I know an assessor for a body shop and he knows more about car paint and repairs than anyone else I've met. He would certainly give the best advice on how to clean the car without damage. I'd expect an insurance assessor to at least know who was a good valeter in the area.

So perhaps not that daft really.
 How precious can you get... - Mike Hannon
Jetwashing doesn't really get the dust off. Oops...
 How precious can you get... - WillDeBeest
'Dust' in this case is a misleading benign term for the stuff produced by messy builders. It's millions of tiny sharp edges and points. I'd want to be careful about how to remove it from anything I wanted to keep shiny.
>> It's millions of tiny sharp edges and points. I'd want to be careful about how to remove it from anything I wanted to keep shiny.

Absolutely. But what did he/she think the options were apart from hosing it off?

Probably thought there'd be an iPhone app for it.
 How precious can you get... - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Absolutely. But what did he/she think the options were apart from hosing it off?
>>
>> Probably thought there'd be an iPhone app for it.
>>

There's a hoover app called a soft cleaning brush. It's just plug and play.
Latest Forum Posts