Motoring Discussion > Global launch of the jaguar XE. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

Global launch of the jaguar XE. - henry k
...this evening but not available until 2015.

www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/xe.html
will it be as good as it seems ?

Global launch of the jaguar XE. - DP
I don't know, but the marketing is brilliant. So much more than the grey or black car on a minimalist billboard tactic that Audi, BMW and Mercedes tend to go for.

If the XE is even close to the car it promises to be, it deserves to sell in massive numbers. The hints are of great looks, innovative tech, and engines of almost other-worldly efficiency.
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Crankcase
For all the ballyhoo in the press at launch, there doesn't seem to be much noise about this car now.

I'll go out on a limb and say that when I finally saw the pics, I thought, oh, it's a new Mondeo. Did nothing for me at all. Very boring.

Much vaunted tech of various sorts sounds interesting, but it all feels a bit late. Nothing there that hasn't been around in one form or another for years, and it's not even on the market yet. Actually, I tell a lie - not seen the "press a button and it pulls away in snow without you touching the pedals" idea before, although it's probably on a S-Class and has been for a decade.

Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Gromit
"press a button and it pulls away in snow without you touching the pedals"

In a world of interlinked ABS, traction control, electronically controlled differentials and all the rest, surely you could just touch the accelerator and the electronic nanny could apply the desired corrections/limits to pull away in the snow?

Which is probably what the S class has done all along. I woudn't know, I've never owned one :-)

Other than that, the photos on the BBC this morning looked rather like a shrunken XF, just as the X-type looked like a miniature XJ. Is it really going to lure buyers out of 3s, Cs and A3s?
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Zero
No estate, so I'll have to wait for the XE based C-X17
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Boxsterboy
The body construction (bonded aluminium etc.) is far more interesting than the body styling (which looks just like an XF that's been on a hot cycle in the washing machine, especially from the front).
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Armel Coussine
Styling is harmless enough.

Nice car if it's as good as the manufacturers say it is. You have to drive them to know though. I don't suppose I ever will.
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - henry k
Just had a look at Autotrader re S/H prices etc. ( No I am not planning to buy one)
Over 200 for sale from from about £25K. All but one have less than 5k on the clock.
Overall a few more than I expected. I guess many will be ex demos.
All 10 of the 3.0 versions are red. Perhaps there was a special deal ?
 Global launch of the jaguar XE. - Bill Payer
>> Just had a look at Autotrader re S/H prices etc. ( No I am not
>> planning to buy one)
>> Over 200 for sale from from about £25K. All but one have less than 5k
>> on the clock.
>> Overall a few more than I expected. I guess many will be ex demos.
>> All 10 of the 3.0 versions are red. Perhaps there was a special deal ?
>>

They're not the same cars being advertised in multiple places, are they? That can happen with Approved Used cars from various manufacturers - the cars are held centrally. Ford do this, and the same car can be different prices at different dealers.
Latest Forum Posts