Motoring Discussion > Kafka land Legal Questions
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 5

Kafka land - Armel Coussine
I have been trying to pay for the speed awareness course I have chosen in lieu of a fixed penalty for allegedly going at 36 in a 30.

They won't take a cheque. My card is still no good so it has to be herself's. But they have to speak to the cardholder to get authorization. That means herself. They said, call the number when she's there.

OK so far? I called the number. The message said, leave your name and number and we will call back within 48 hours. They did, but I was out. They left a message: call us. I did. Apparently they will call me back within 48 hours.

Do I have to crouch over the telephone for the next 48 hours? Or will we go round and round in circles until the 14 days - only a week now - have run their course and the fuzz can take me to court?

The speed awarenes course is booked for October at Brighton racecourse. Perhaps the venue indicates a relaxed attitude to speed on the part of the authorities. But of course if they carry on like this I may be in Sing Sing before October. Tchah!
 Kafka land - Armel Coussine
All is well. I left a chortling message about this Kafka situation and a nice lady has just called back and sorted it with herself on the blower in two minutes flat.

So sorry chaps, I am still footloose and looking forward to some sideways motoring round the racecourse. Yee-hah!
 Kafka land - Ted

You should be locked up.......you hooligan ! :-p
 Kafka land - Pat
Thoughts springing to mind.....

Life in the old dog yet.
Stick two fingers up to the establishment.
You're never to old to be a rebel.

and lastly
There's a man after my own heart.

Keep it up AC:)

Pat
 Kafka land - Manatee
Probably not advisable to stick up the two fingers on the SAC itself, they are allowed to eject trouble makers and keep the fee:(

And don't be late! They actually delayed the start for 5 minutes on mine to give the late arrivals a chance, and let one in about a minute after that, but the lady who was 10 minutes late was told 'tough nuts' and and probably ended up with the fine and points.

The course itself was enjoyable, once I had reconciled myself to spending the morning in Watford.
 Kafka land - Enderman
Walk in panting and sweating and say: "Phew! Thought I was going to be late - you wouldn't believe the speed I've had to do, trying to get here on time!"
Latest Forum Posts