Motoring Discussion > A new baby Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 4

A new baby - Ted

Water pump started leaking on the eldest girl's Puma last week. Whilst sorting it out I mentioned to her that it really ought to go as the rust on the wheel arches was creeping through again. I had them done by the body firm we use a couple of years ago and we knew it'd come back.

She seemed happy to agree with me and I mentioned a Yaris as a good bet. I had a chat with the service adviser at the local main agent...I take lots of Toyos in to them including several Yarises. She said to let her know when we were ready and she's get me a good deal. I think she fancies me...single mum in her 40s and a real hottie ! Why wouldn't she ?

Sorry, a bit of a trip to Dreamworld there ! Anyway, daughter said she could afford about a ton a month as her divorce is now paid for and absolute...so off we went. On the way she mentioned an Aygo....we have quite a few and I drive them regularly, on and off the motorway. To me, they have a ' big car ' feel about them.

The sales manager showed us what they had in stock at that site and said we could have one at the staff price as long as he didn't lose any money on the deal.......fair enough.

So, she didn't want another silver car ( colour top priority, well she is a girl. Even at 43 ! ) We ended up with an 11 plate Yew Green pearlescent 1 litre VVT with leather/alcantara trim...all the toys and a spare wheel. 14500 miles on the dial and service records.......not much yet. £107 a month for three years then a small lump sum or trade in for another. £7295 on the screen and dropped it to £6K for her.

£20 road tax, lowest insurance and an alleged 63 MPG. At that rate she'll use about 2 gallons a month. She only takes the tiddler to school, about half a mile, then on the ambulance station, another mile and a half. If she needs a bigger car, the family have all sorts, from a 7 seater to my 4WD. Boyfriend has a 206 diesel and they have a box trailer for camping trips.

I can see her spending a lot less dosh on motoring in future.....result !

A new baby - Armel Coussine
The prints say that a Yaris is just the sort of car to take that sort of savage abuse - never ever reaching running temperature - without dying young.

The lady needs an electric car. That's the sort of thing they are for.

I wonder when the industry will get it together to offer a viable one at comparable cost (high enough already God knows).
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 17 Sep 14 at 00:05
 A new baby - Armel Coussine
>> The lady needs an electric car. That's the sort of thing they are for.

In case anyone is thinking I mean G-Whiz or similar carp, I don't. There are some serious proper electric and hybrid cars that look normal and drive well.

The trouble is they are very expensive to buy. But even the most short-range one of those will be more than adequate for the use described, and unlike an i.c. powered car won't be harmed by it. The industry needs to make the things affordable to the sort of people who really need them.
 A new baby - Zero

>> I think she fancies
>> me...single mum in her 40s and a real hottie ! Why wouldn't she ?

You just like hr guide dog.....
 A new baby - Ted

Hur hur,,,,I wouldn't climb over her to get to you , buddy-boy !
Latest Forum Posts