Motoring Discussion > Ford Ka - Advice please. Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 6

Ford Ka - Advice please. - Badwolf
Good morning to you all from a very sunny Southport,

My wife currently has an '08' Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active but before that had an old model Ford KA and, whilst she likes her Punto, would like to change it for a new model Ka.

Does anybody on here have one? What are you impression of it, and what model would she be better off going for?

Ta in advance.
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - RattleandSmoke
The new Ka is built in Tychy in Poland by FIAT. It is essentialy a FIAT Panda with FIAT engines and a Panda chasis. Actually its more close to the FIAT 500 in terms of looks (which is also based on the Panda).

Ford did retune the suspension and of course the body is designed by Ford but there is a lot of FIAT bits in there. In some ways if she is used to the Punto that is no bad thing.

If you do get a Ka just make sure it has the basic kit such as electric windows and central locking.

The new Ka also isn't quite as nimble as the old model according to the road test reports I have read.

Certainly a good car but make sure you get it at a decent price, don't pay list price.
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - Badwolf
Cheers for that, Rattle. She'd be looking at an ex-demo, or one that to all intents and purposes is new, but not at new prices if you know what I mean.

I like the idea that they're basically a Fiat as she does like her Punto. Now all I've got to do is convince her to let me have that and part-ex my Megane for the Ka....
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - Mike Hannon
I can't be doing with these Tychy cars...
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - Iffy
Newish Ford Kas seem to fetch very good money, so some astute dealing will be required.
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - PR
The Fiat 500 now has the same rear suspension as the Ka. Fiat "borrowed" the Ford design which was said to be better than the 500 when it first came out (the new one I mean)
 Ford Ka - Advice please. - Harleyman
Whatever the drawbacks of the original Ka, there was no mistaking what it was. The new model seems rather anonymous in comparison.
Latest Forum Posts