Motoring Discussion > "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

"We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - henry k
Oh dear !

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29514013
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - PeterS
If they really had 'gone the extra mile' they wouldn't have been on that road!!
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - Pat
15'3'' bridge and 15'6'' trailer, it never was going to fit.

Clearly signposted, and visible from the roundabout too.

No excuse whatsoever.

Pat
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - Slidingpillar
I wonder if the driver was thinking the bridge was actually the signed amount plus a bit to allow for narrow squeaks?
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - Harleyman
Some, unfortunately, are foolish enough to try just that. Normally because they take too much notice of the line-shooter on the fleet who claims to have done it before.

I always carry a tape measure in my cab. Quite often in my job I have to drive into and around farm buildings and since they're not height marked, and appearances can sometimes be deceptive, it's best to double check. Furthermore, it goes without saying that if you're unloading a lorry it will sit slightly higher when it's empty; not so much these days with air suspension but I've been caught out before back in the day when I drove into a shed, unloaded then struggled to get out without ripping the roof off. Lesson learned.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Tue 7 Oct 14 at 11:40
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - Bromptonaut

>> Furthermore, it goes without saying
>> that if you're unloading a lorry it will sit slightly higher when it's empty;

Cars too.

Many years ago I witnessed a Commer Motorcaravan stuck on the multi storey at Manchester airport. He'd gone in laden with family and suitcases, dropped them off, only to find the elevating roof caught as he went down the exit ramp.

A couple of burly volunteers whistled up from the bus stop saw him right (apart from the scratches).
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - commerdriver
>> Many years ago I witnessed a Commer Motorcaravan stuck on the multi storey at Manchester
>> airport. He'd gone in laden with family and suitcases, dropped them off, only to find
>> the elevating roof caught as he went down the exit ramp.

I could see how that happened, it has fairly soft suspension at the rear and sits visibly lower packed for a holiday.
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - Mapmaker
>> I've been caught out before back in the day when I drove into a shed, unloaded then struggled to get out without ripping the roof off. Lesson learned.

I've done that. Had to reload it, and then take it outside, and then unload it again. Frustrating!
 "We Fit" truck is too good a fit. - VxFan
Waitrose now.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30273687
Latest Forum Posts