Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus III - Number of versions available
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - BobbyG
Whilst browsing an Auto Express this morning, trying to take my mind off a football game in a couple of hours, I was amazed to see they have launched yet another variant.

This time its a Zetec S 1.6 and it costs £19,300. For that money you get some alloys, a "hot" bodykit and a 0-60 of 10.8 secs.

Now I realise modern building techniques mean that it is very easy and cheap to swap parts and produce new variants. However where exactly is the market for this car?

OK to some boy racers its a Focus ST without the engine and the insuarance to go with it (group 7). But if you are willing to pay nearly £20k for a 3 door 1.6 Focus then surely the insurance is not going to be the issue for you? And surely your money would be better spent elsewhere on a 1 year old hot hatch type?

Going back to my day, I would be amazed if the XR3 or Orion 1.6iGhia didn't beat that 0-60 time. But a modern day 1.8 diesel Mondeo will even beat it?

I know the argument on insurance costs but if this was a 12k Focus with a bodykit I could understand - but £19300?
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - Runfer D'Hills
It'll appeal to company car user choosers with a set budget. Presumably it'll achieve a favourable bik rating. There have been "emporers clothes" models before which successfully achieved sales because of this factor. Looks the puppies in the car park at sales meetings.....

;-)
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - Old Navy
One of the reasons I am replacing my Focus with a Ceed, the equivalent Ford would be 6 grand more expensive. (rounded list prices) I dont know what recent Focus build quality is like but my 05 one has far worse fit and finish than the Ceed.
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - BobbyG
Humph, I understand what you are saying but £19k for a 1.6 Focus? Come on surely much better available for that money?

And do these employees' peers look at the car and go "wow", or do they point, snigger and make comments about Nova 1.0 Merits with spoilers and bodykits?
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - Runfer D'Hills
The objective will be only that the girls from customer services think it's pretty cool. Just noticed my "emperor" is jumbled up, is this a sign........
;-)
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - Iffy
...but £19k for a 1.6 Focus?...

Bobby,

Just lifted this from the promotions section of the Ford website:

"Until 31 March 2010, Focus Zetec S from £14,495* on the road (excludes metallic paint) only when financed with Ford Credit†. Price includes...."

I expect the dealer would do a little better than that.

Latest Forum Posts