Motoring Discussion > BMW - BMW service costs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 6

BMW - BMW service costs - legacylad
I bought my '04 330Ci Convertible in January, and began using it properly in April when i sold my Mazda. I knew it had not been serviced for 2 years, and used this fact to negotiate the price down when purchasing privately.
A friend, who has had a succession of 330's and 335's, recommended a BMW trained mechanic (a complete petrol head) for servicing and I arranged for him to do an 'Inspection 2'. When I collected this evening, he spent 30 minutes discussing the car, advising me on when to change the fuel filter, how to check pads & discs (i already know but he was in full flow!) winter wheel/tyre combinations etc. For an oil change, air & pollen filters, attention to the hand brake, and a major check over, even checking the pressure in my skinny spare wheel, I was charged £150 gross, which I thought was fair.
Would you agree?
 BMW - BMW service costs - R.P.
Bargain.
 BMW - BMW service costs - Skoda
It's not often the customer gets to wear the balaclava!

Nice car!
 BMW - BMW service costs - R.P.
You can name him !
 BMW - BMW service costs - legacylad
I have not paid him yet so I shall add a note in with my cheque to see if it is ok to do so....he may not want or require any extra business.
 BMW - BMW service costs - Fenlander
>>>I have not paid him yet.

You had great service at a bargain price and didn't pay him?!
 BMW - BMW service costs - corax
Make sure he changes the coolant at least every two years, very important with BMW engines (to stop corrosion of the water ways and also prolongs radiator life). Apart from that and regular oil changes, these engines are beauties.
Latest Forum Posts